Any request for the administration of expert proceedings shall be processed by the ICC International Centre for ADR (“the Centre”) only when it is based upon an agreement between the parties for the administration of expert proceedings by the Centre or when the Centre is otherwise satisfied that there is a sufficient basis for administering the proceedings.
The date on which the request is received by the Centre shall—for all purposes—be deemed to be the date of the commencement of the expert proceedings.
The Request shall be filed in accordance with Article 1(1)-(3) of the ICC Rules for the Administration of Expert Proceedings and include:
- Any request for the administration of expert proceedings (the “Request”) shall be submitted to the Centre. Any Request shall be processed by the Centre only when it is based upon an agreement for the administration of expert proceedings by the Centre or when the Centre is otherwise satisfied that there is a sufficient basis for administering expert proceedings.
- The Request shall include:
- the names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and any other contact details of the parties to the dispute and any person(s) representing the parties in the proceedings;
- if applicable, the name and contact details of any person or entity relevant for checking potential conflicts of interest of the expert;
- a description of the dispute including, if possible, an assessment of its value;
- a description of the field of activity of the expert to be appointed;
- any desired attributes of the expert, including but not limited to education, qualifications, language skills and professional experience;
- any undesired attributes of the expert and a description of any matters that would disqualify a potential expert;
- a detailed description of the work to be carried out by the expert, including whether site visits will be required;
- the desired time frame for completing such work;
- any agreement as to the location of any physical meetings between the expert and the parties or, in the absence thereof, any proposal as to such location;
- any agreement as to the language(s) of the proceedings or, in the absence thereof, any proposal as to such language(s);
- any agreement that the findings of the expert shall be contractually binding on the parties or, in the absence thereof, any proposal to that effect; and
- a copy of any agreement for the administration of expert proceedings by the Centre and/or of any other elements which form the basis of the Request.
- Together with the Request, the party or parties filing the Request shall pay the non-refundable amount specified in Article 1 of Appendix II.
When the Request is not filed jointly by all of the parties, the Requesting Party or Parties shall provide enough hardcopies of the Request for the Centre and for each Responding Party and each expert.
The Request must be accompanied by a payment of US$3,000 per expert or neutral to the International Chamber of Commerce. The payment must originate from the party to the case. Additional payment details are available here.
When sending the Request, please send to:
ICC International Centre for ADR
33-43 avenue du Président Wilson
Tel.: +33 1 49 53 30 52
Fax: +33 1 49 53 30 49
ICC is bound to operate in conformity with applicable sanctions regulations (such as those imposed by the United Nations, European Union and Office of Foreign Assets Control. If parties have reasonable doubt that a sanctions regime is applicable to their request, they must inform ICC in advance prior to submitting any such request and prior to paying the respective filing fee. In such case, please contact DRSCompliance@iccwbo.org.
The ICC International Court of Arbitration® and the International Centre for ADR compliance policies and procedures are put forward here.