We perform an essential role by providing businesses, governments and individuals with a variety of customisable services for every stage of their dispute.
Although called a court in name, we do not make formal judgments on disputed matters. Instead, we administer arbitrations by exercising judicial supervision of arbitration proceedings. Our responsibilities include:
- confirming, appointing and replacing arbitrators, as well as deciding on any challenges made against them
- monitoring the arbitral process to make certain that it is performed properly and with the required speed and efficiency necessary
- scrutinising and approving all arbitral awards to reinforce quality and enforceability
- setting, managing and — if necessary — adjusting arbitrator fees and cost advances
- overseeing emergency proceedings before the start of the arbitration
Our purpose is to ensure proper application of the 2021 Arbitration Rules, as well as assist parties and arbitrators in overcoming procedural obstacles. These efforts are supported by the Court’s Secretariat, which is made up of more than 100 lawyers and support personnel, operating through our offices in Paris, New York, Sao Paolo, Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Hong Kong.
We can administer cases in any language and communicate in all major languages, including English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, German and Italian.
We continuously seek to improve efficiency, control time and costs and aid enforcement by introducing innovative new arbitration tools and procedures. This ongoing focus makes certain that we are always in touch with the concerns and interests of trading partners throughout the world.
Simply estimate the costs of an ICC Arbitration