Filing a request
Any physical or legal person may submit a request for the proposal of an expert or neutral by submitting a Request to the International Centre for ADR (“the Centre”).
Unless requested to do so by the person seeking the proposal of an expert or a neutral, the Centre will not inform any other person of the filing of the Request—except as needed in order to find the prospective expert or neutral.
The Request should be filed in accordance with Article 1(2) of ICC Rules for the Proposal of Experts and Neutrals and include:
- the name, address, telephone number, email address and any other contact details of each Person filing the Request for Proposal;
- if applicable, the name and contact details of any person or entity relevant for checking potential conflicts of interest of the expert or neutral;
- when the Request for Proposal is for an expert:
- a description of the field of activity of the expert to be proposed;
- any desired attributes of the expert, including but not limited to education, qualifications, language skills and professional experience;
- any undesired attributes of the expert and a description of any matters that would disqualify a potential expert;
- a detailed description of the work to be carried out by the expert, including whether an expert report or site visits will be required;
- the desired time frame for completing such work;
- the language(s) in which the expert is to carry out such work; and
- the proposed location of any physical meetings with the expert;
- when the Request for Proposal is for a neutral:
- a description of the dispute resolution or other procedure for which the neutral’s assistance is sought;
- a description of the dispute, if any;
- any desired attributes of the neutral, including but not limited to education, qualifications, language skills and professional experience;
- any undesired attributes of the neutral and a description of any matters which would disqualify a potential neutral;
- the desired time frame for conducting and completing the procedure;
- the agreed location of any physical meetings with the neutral, or any proposal regarding such location; and
- the agreed language(s) of the procedure, or any proposal regarding such language.
The Request must be accompanied by a payment of US5,000 per expert or neutral to the International Chamber of Commerce. The payment must originate from the party to the case. Additional payment details are available here.
When sending the Request, please send to:
ICC International Centre for ADR
33-43 avenue du Président Wilson
Tel.: +33 1 49 53 30 52
Fax: +33 1 49 53 30 49
ICC is bound to operate in conformity with applicable sanctions regulations (such as those imposed by the United Nations, European Union and Office of Foreign Assets Control. If parties have reasonable doubt that a sanctions regime is applicable to their request, they must inform ICC in advance prior to submitting any such request and prior to paying the respective filing fee. In such case, please contact DRSCompliance@iccwbo.org.
The ICC International Court of Arbitration® and the International Centre for ADR compliance policies and procedures are put forward here.