The guidelines, updated in 2011, address a number of components including internal IP use, supply chain practices, relations with intermediaries, and the handling of third-party IP. They also deal with IP management in all its forms within companies, from IP development to component sourcing, manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing and international corporate use.
- Understand and support the value of IP as the basis or innovative, creative and economic activity
- Manage copyrights and trademarks more effectively
- Comply with IP laws protecting other companies’ copyrights and trademarks
- Manage business risks associated with infringement
- Prevent and deter counterfeiting and piracy
- Develop company policies and practices to affect such compliance
Download guidelines in several languages: