IP guidelines for business
BASCAP developed IP guidelines to provide information to business on practical steps to take to protect their own creativity and innovation in IP-based products and services, as well as to protect against the risk of using counterfeit materials or infringing other companies' IP rights.
The guidelines, updated in 2011, address a number of components including internal IP use, supply chain practices, relations with intermediaries, and the handling of third-party IP. They also deal with IP management in all its forms within companies, from IP development to component sourcing, manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing and international corporate use.
By addressing these factors, the guidelines help business:
- Understand and support the value of IP as the basis or innovative, creative and economic activity
- Manage copyrights and trademarks more effectively
- Comply with IP laws protecting other companies’ copyrights and trademarks
- Manage business risks associated with infringement
- Prevent and deter counterfeiting and piracy
- Develop company policies and practices to affect such compliance
Download guidelines in several languages: