The WCF General Council comprises 50 members, with representation from transnational, national, regional, local, public and private law chambers, large and small.
Peter Mihok, WCF Chair said: “As a WCF General Council member, chambers can contribute globally to ensure that the interests of the chamber community move forward, strengthening our important global role and local impact. I encourage my colleagues either to apply or to nominate someone to serve on the WCF General Council.”
I encourage my colleagues either to apply or to nominate someone to serve on the WCF General Council.
The WCF General Council values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by geographic location, professional level, from all types and sizes of chamber organisations, with candidates standing for election in November 2016 to serve for a three-year period from 2017-2019.
Existing Councillors as well as other chamber leader candidates eligible to stand for election are welcome to fill-in the nomination form to serve the Council for a 3-year term before 1 September 2016.
The many benefits of serving as a Council member include:
- Playing a significant role in advancing the relevance and role of chambers of commerce.
- Having an opportunity to advocate and advance the mission of the World Chambers Federation throughout the chamber community.
- Accessing up-to-date information on challenges faced by chambers, as well as establishing common chamber positions on issues affecting their respective activities
- Supporting the development of new and existing chamber affiliations, programmes, services and special projects.
- Exchanging ideas and perspectives with other chamber leaders.
Council members standing for election should:
- Be recognized as committed and involved chamber leaders, both within their business community and globally among peers.
- Be globally oriented, visionary and strategic thinker and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Stand ready to participate and support WCF in the development of new and innovative programmes and common positions.
- Be mobilised to extend the sphere of influence and participation of chambers in ICC and WCF activities.
- Support WCF through developing and supporting the roll-out of its three-year strategy, future focus, branding, finance and fundraising, component relations as well as strategic alliances.
- Commit to participating in two Council meetings per year. Council members should also be actively engaged and participate in WCF programmes, special events and/or campaigns. Time may also be required outside of meetings to contribute to working groups.
- Ready to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
ICC WCF chamber members from more than 130 countries will vote for their preferred representatives, using an online election platform, during the month of November 2016. More than 60 members stood for election at the last elections in 2013. Voting members are encouraged to ensure their contact details are also up to date.
For more information
For more information on the WCF General Council elections, please contact Anthony Parkes, Director of the World Chambers Federation and his team at email@example.com.