With just under one month to go, ICC is offering a last chance to register for one of the first seminars of its kind entitled “The Changing Domain Name Landscape and New gTLDs”. This event will help participating businesses to decide if it is worth paying such sums to have their own “.brand name”and help them to face the confounding challenges and potential opportunities presented by recent controversial changes to the Internet domain name system.
A top-ranking line up of speakers, from leading companies, law firms and trademark registries, will explain the application process, as well as the financial and legal implications of the changes. These speakers are eminent in their respective fields and include:
- Charlie Abrahams, Vice-President EMEA, MarkMonitor, United Kingdom
- Mette Andersen, Director, Corporate Counsel, LEGO Juris A/S, Denmark
- Ingrid Baele, Vice-President, Philips Intellectual Property and Standards, The Netherlands; Vice-Chair, ICC Commission on Intellectual Property
- Jan Corstens, Partner, Contract Risk & Compliance, Deloitte, Belgium
- Caroll Dorgan, Partner, Jones Day, France
- Flip Petillion, Partner, Crowell & Moring, Belgium
- David Koris, General Counsel Head of Intellectual Property, Shell International, The Netherlands; Chair, ICC Commission on Intellectual Property
- Zahid Jamil, Barrister-at-law, Jamil & Jamil, Pakistan
- Bart Lieben, Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP, Belgium
- Kurt Pritz, Senior Vice President, Stakeholder Relations, ICANN, United States
- Gautier Rouyer, Director, Advisory & Consulting, Deloitte, Luxembourg
- Philip Sheppard, Public Affairs Manager, European Brands Association (AIM), Brussels
- Martin Sutton, Manager, Group Fraud Risk and Intelligence, HSBC Bank, United Kingdom
- Stephane Van Gelder, Chair, ICANN’s Generic Names Supporting Organisation (GNSO) and General Manager, INDOM Group NBT, France
Set to take place at ICC headquarters in Paris on 30 September, the highly interactive seminar will be conducted in English and French with simultaneous interpretation. Featuring workshops and plenary sessions, the seminar will culminate with a question and answer period.
Promising several networking opportunities, the not-to-be-missed event is already attracting an international audience from Brazil to Ukraine.
A 20% discount on the price of the seminar is offered to all ICC Newsletter subscribers.