ICC representation on IGF advisory group remains strong
ICC has welcomed the continued representation of business members in the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) which is responsible for steering the preparatory process for the 9th Internet Governance Forum (IGF) to take place in Istanbul from 2-5 September 2014.
Several members of ICC Business Action to Support the Information Society initiative secured new or renewed places on the MAG. They are:
• Virat Bhatia, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Communication & Digital Economy Committee, and President, IEA, AT&T, South Asia
• Michael Nelson, Principal Technology Policy Strategist, Microsoft
• Marilyn Cade, CEO, Strategies mCADE llc, Falls Church, USA
• Giacomo Mazzone, President – Head of Institutional Relations, European Broadcast Union
• Hossam Elgamal, Board Member, AfICTA – Africa ICT Alliance, Cairo, Egypt
• Jeff Brueggeman, AT&T, Vice President – Public Policy and Deputy Chief Privacy Officer, USA
• Ankhi Das, Head of Public Policy, Facebook, India
• Tero Mustala, Principal Consultant, Nokia Siemens Networks, Finland,
• Ricardo Pedraza-Barrios, Bogota, Colombia
• Patrick Ryan, Policy Counsel, Open Internet, Google Inc.
• Thomas Spiller, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Europe, Middle East and Africa, The Walt Disney Company, France
ICC BASIS brings business expertise to and encourages business participation in the IGF with the aim of spreading the benefits of the information society more widely across the world.