New editorial board for ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin
The ICC International Court of Arbitration has announced a new editorial board for its flagship digital publication, the ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin.
The Bulletin is widely regarded as one of the most important sources of news and commentary on international commercial arbitration and dispute resolution practice.
The new editorial board has achieved gender parity and comprises 20 distinguished professionals from across the world. Their diverse backgrounds and specialties will ensure the digital publication is a source of thought leadership in the years to come.
Commenting on the new board, ICC Court President Claudia Salomon said: “I am delighted to welcome the new editorial board members of the ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin. With their impressive background and experience, the Bulletin will continue to provide authoritative analysis and commentary on the latest developments in international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution practices.”
The Bulletin’s editorial board is led by two co-editors-in-chief, Julien Fouret, a partner at Eversheds Sutherland in Paris, and Yasmine Lahlou, a partner at Chaffetz Lindsey in New York. Mr Fouret has been the Bulletin’s co-editor-in-chief since 2017, enabling a revamp of the Bulletin’s substance and format. Ms Lahlou succeeds outgoing Co-editor-In-Chief Samaa Haridi, who was recently appointed as a Vice-President of the ICC Court. Ms Haridi had been a member of the board since 2017.
Mr Fouret said: “I am extremely proud and excited to continue this journey started six years ago at the helm of the editorial board. I am delighted to be workingwith such a diverse editorial board which perfectly represents, in my opinion, the diversity and openness of our arbitration community as it should be.”
Ms Lahlou said: “The Bulletin, as one of the most important go-to knowledge resources for the community, is an essential component of the ICC Court’s leading role as worldwide provider of dispute resolution services to businesses small and large. I am thrilled to be part of the stellar team that contributes to consistently designing and delivering this top-notch publication and look forward to continuing our work with all the other editorial board members, including Co-editor-In-Chief Julien Fouret, and ICC Dispute Resolution Services Publications Manager Stephanie Torkomyan.”
Commenting on the ongoing board, Ms Torkomyan said: “On behalf of the ICC Court, we would like to express our sincere appreciation to Samaa Haridi for her tireless work as co-editor-in-chief of the Bulletin for the past four years. We thank her and the other outgoing editorial board members for ensuring that the ICC Court remains a true thought leader and the Bulletin serves as an international forum for enlightened discussion and debate.”
The Bulletin is published three times a year with the next edition due out in November.
The 2021-2024 ICC Bulletin editorial board members are:
- Christian Albanesi, Head of Latin American Arbitration, Linklaters, United States
- Stavros Brekoulakis, Professor in International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London; Associate member, 3 Verulam Buildings, United Kingdom
- Farouk El-Hosseny, Senior Associate, Three Crowns, United Kingdom
- Karina Goldberg, Partner, Ferro, Castro Neves, Daltro & Gomide Advogados, Brazil
- Imad Khan, Associate, Winston & Strawn, United States
- *Sara Nadeau-Séguin, Partner, Teynier Pic, France
- Damien Nyer, Partner, White & Case, United States
- Olena Perepelynska, Partner and Head of International Arbitration, Integrites, Ukraine
- Sulabh Rewari, Partner, Keystone Partners, Advocates & Solicitors, India
- Rafael Rincon, Partner, Zuleta Abogados Asociados, Colombia
- Michele Sabatini, Founding Partner, ARBLIT, Italy
- *Sabina Sacco, Independent Arbitrator, Sabina Sacco Arbitration, Switzerland
- Leyou Tameru, Legal Consultant and Founder, I-Arb Africa, Ethiopia
- Charis Tan, Partner, Peter & Kim, Singapore
- Sherlin Tung, Partner, Withers, Hong Kong
- Angeline Welsh, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers, United Kingdom
- Jennifer Younan, Partner, Shearman & Sterling, France
*Returning member; member since 2018