As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 100 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity, and expertise.
The International Chamber of Commerce’s Global Events team manages the planning and execution of ICC’s various events, including those of ICC Dispute Resolution Services, ICC Global Policy and the ICC Centres of Entrepreneurship. This internship is within the part of the team that organises conferences, trainings and colloquia for ICC Dispute Resolution Services, including the ICC International Court of Arbitration and the ICC Institute of World Business Law. The opportunity is for a student wishing to complement their studies with practical experience in an international organisation. For further information on what we do, please visit our website: iccwbo.org/events
The Global Events team is looking for their new intern starting January 2024 for 6 months. The intern will be under the supervision of one of the team’s Project Officers.
- Logistical support with the organisation of our upcoming conferences, including the 12th ICC MENA Conference on International Arbitration, 8th ICC European Conference on International Arbitration, 8th ICC Africa Conference on International Arbitration and 9th ICC Asia Pacific Conference on International Arbitration, among other ICC events.
- Different administrative tasks and preparation of event documents, including evaluation forms, biographies, PowerPoint presentations, speaker charts, speaker nameplates and webpage updates.
- Promotion of our upcoming events including correspondence with contacts and partners, preparing email sends and drafting promotional material in English and French.
- Research for potential supporters.
- Post-event wrap up including recording the event statistics and preparing the executive report.
- Any other necessary tasks required to ensure the smooth functioning of the team.
- Possibility to attend trainings and conferences taking place in Paris during the internship.
We are looking for a student who is organised and interested in pursuing a career in event management and/or international commercial law and arbitration, with strong academic credentials and prior work experience.
- A memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) established or to be established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (convention de stage) will not be considered.
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and social insurance (illness, work accident, etc.).
- The intern should be fluent in English. The knowledge of French and/or another language would be an advantage.
- Good computer skills are required.
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland should get an appropriate visa from the French consulate. Interns are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. The ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships/fellowships.
- The 6-month internship programmes are full-time and the average working week is 35 hours.
- The intern will receive a monthly gratification of about EUR 700 gross + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.
Terms and conditions
Department: Global Events
Geographic location: ICC HQ – Paris, France
Availability: 8 January 2024 – 7 July 2024
Duration: 6 months
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and your CV to: ICCGlobalEvents@iccwbo.org by
31 October 2023.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone