In order to meet market requirements in the ever-evolving trade finance industry, the Banking Commission has diversified its membership by integrating experts from new regions, and with different backgrounds, including some from outside the traditional area of trade finance.
The new appointments are as follows:
- Yunfei Liu, Assistant General Manager of Global Trade Finance at Bank of China
- Adrian Rigby, Chief Commercial Officer and Global Deputy Head of Trade and Receivables Finance at HSBC
The Advisory Board leads the Banking Commission’s response to increased policy, regulatory and market requests for greater transparency and standardization of trade finance products. The strengthened board will continue to provide guidance on new partnerships and opportunities for industry engagement, as well as the priorities for the Banking Commission’s work programme.
- Jamal Bin Ghalaita, CEO at Emirates Islamic Bank
- Dominic Broom, Global Head of Trade Sales at BNY Mellon
- Sean Edwards, Head of Legal at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Mark Evans, Managing Director of Transaction Banking at ANZ
- Ana Kavtaradze, Head of Trade Finance at Bank of Georgia
- Shehzad Sharjeel, Head, Global Trade Finance Program at IFC
- Dan Taylor, DLTAYLOR Consulting
- Jun Xu, Deputy General Manager of the Global Trade Services Department at Bank of China
The Executive Committee oversees the execution of the Banking Commission’s work programme. The Committee will continue to provide subject matter expertise and content for regulatory and industry engagements.
- Olivier Paul, former global head of export finance at BNP Paribas, has joined the ICC Secretariat’s Department of Policy and Business Practices as Head of Policy at the Banking Commission.
The Secretariat supports the management and administration of the Banking Commission’s specific projects and activities – in particular providing support for new projects and the organisation of the commission’s meetings and events.
“We are delighted to welcome our new members to the Advisory Board and Executive Committee, in addition to a valuable new addition to the Secretariat,” said Daniel Schmand, Chair of the ICC Banking Commission.
“The new members will strengthen our capacity and broaden our range of expertise, helping the Banking Commission to stay relevant and at the forefront of industry developments.“
This renewed membership ensures that the Banking Commission evolves in parallel with the trade finance industry and remains a trusted industry leader for regulators – supporting the development of a robust financial system.
These new additions complete the Banking Commission’s leadership as follows:
- Pravin Advani, JP Morgan
- Alberto Amo Mena, Santander
- Percy Batliwalla, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Steven Beck, Asian Development Bank
- Alexander Goulandris, essDocs
- Yunfei Liu, Bank of China
- Vinod Madhavan, Standard Bank
- Rudolf Putz, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Adrian Rigby, HSBC
- Nadia Talhouni, Arab Bank
- Michael Vrontamitis, Standard Chartered
- Jamal Bin Ghalaita, Emirates Islamic Bank
- Dominic Broom, BNY Mellon
- Sean Edwards, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Mark Evans, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- Ruediger Geis, Commerz Bank
- Andrea Hauptmann, Raiffeisen Bank International
- Ana Kavtaradze, Bank of Georgia
- Alexander Malaket, Opus Advisory Services
- Vincent O’Brien, eBSI
- Shehzad Sharjeel, International Finance Corporation
- Dan Taylor, DLTaylor Consulting
- Vijay Vashist, Development Bank of Singapore
- Jun Xu, Bank of China