Climate change threatens our food and water supplies, leads to the destruction of infrastructure and poses a significant challenge to our ability to thrive on our planet.
The most widely accepted scientific assessments confirm that mitigating human-induced climate change is the prudent and responsible course of action.
In this context, we support the Paris Agreement’s overarching objective of “holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and pursuing efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels, recognising that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change.”
This objective can be met only through a global cooperative effort – ensuring that climate solutions are deployed at scale to enable us all to leapfrog to cleaner, more resilient economies.
Climate action is everyone’s business, and the Chambers Climate Coalition is ready to take bold action.
As chamber leaders, we therefore commit to the following:
- To advocate for climate action within our business networks and for well-conceived policies to limit the global average temperature rise to 1.5°C.
- To support the goal of achieving net-zero emissions globally by 2050.
- To mainstream climate mitigation and resilience guidance into chamber services.
- To work with public and private entities to support effective climate solutions as part of a transformational change that works for people and planet.
- To reduce the greenhouse footprint from chamber activities without delay.