As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 170 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity, and expertise.
The ICC Academy, launched in 2015, is the educational arm of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), supports ICC’s mission by providing a wide range of specialised certification programmes, short-online courses and customisable workshops for professionals and businesses operating internationally. We have trained thousands of professionals in more than 100 countries and our qualifications are recognised and accredited globally.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to join the educational arm of a globally recognised organisation and play a huge role in shaping its growth. It will suit an experienced B2B sales leader who specialises in coaching and improving members of their team and who is motivated by ambitious targets.
The focus of this role will be to lead and mentor a team of 3.5 FTEs to achieve your ambitious revenue targets through sales of our online learning products and customised training. You will also oversee the work of one sales agent based in Latin America, with potential to add more sales agents in other parts of the world. You will have the freedom to implement your own B2B sales strategy and approach, and create a successful sales team in your own image.
This role is based in Singapore but will have a global remit.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own and hit the B2B revenue target
- Design and oversee the implementation of a B2B sales strategy to achieve our targets and expand our customer base in collaboration with the Head of Marketing
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to enhance our lead targeting and generation efforts, develop sales content and collateral and expand into new target segments and industries
- Work closely with the production and marketing teams to ensure our product roadmap meets customer needs
Team leadership and development
- Coach, drive and support a team of 3.5 direct reports to hit their individual targets and develop relationships with key customers
- Review and adjust the sales incentive structure and key performance indicators to maximise performance of the sales team
- Recruitment of new members of the sales team as appropriate and dependent on success
Sales operations and reporting
- Strategic account management and lead conversion on key accounts in collaboration with sales managers and the wider Global Learning team
- Effectively communicate ICC Academy’s value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Create and maintain best practice processes and guidelines for the end to end sales process, including for cold outreach, lead nurturing, running sales calls and presentations, CRM management and account management
- Speak and interact regularly with our target audiences to stay up-to-date with industry developments and capture customer feedback
- Regular sales reporting, forecasting, and analysis for ICC HQ in Paris to understand the strengths and weaknesses of sales strategies
- At least 5 years of experience leading a B2B sales team
- A strong, demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets both as an individual and as a team leader
- Proven ability to improve the performance and skills of individual members of B2B sales teams and a passion for coaching others
- Exemplary people and communication skills – you must be comfortable making cold calls, writing sales emails, conducting engaging and influential presentations and writing sales proposals
- Experienced in building strong, profitable relationships with large global organisations
- Ability to understand local or regional contexts and/or industry trends that may impact upon a sales approach
- A demonstrable ability to position brands and products against competitors
- A proven ability to implement and drive the sales process from planning to closing
- Experienced in recruiting and building a sales team, including implementing new best practice processes and guidelines
- A strong service-orientated mentality and consultative selling approach
- An independent, determined, organised and proactive individual who has a strong sense of urgency to succeed and is willing to take on new projects
Terms and conditions
Entity: ICC Academy
Geographic location: Singapore
Availability: As soon as possible
Contract type and duration: Permanent, full time
Application process: Candidates should send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- One-page cover letter, describing experience relevant to the role
- CV (maximum of two pages)
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone.