As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 170 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity and expertise.
The DRS Marketing and Promotion team promotes DRS services globally ensuring worldwide visibility. The promotion team coordinates the activities and events organised by the Regional Directors and National Committees, as well as those of ICC YAAF (Young Arbitration and ADR Forum). The team is also in charge of promotional events, such as visits -and specific trainings and seminars- to the ICC Court: delegation visits for lawyers, in-house counsel, or government representatives as well as the organisation of educational events such as student visits to the Court, and student pre-moots and moots.
Under the supervision of the Senior Promotion Manager, the intern will assist with the promotion of ICC arbitration and ADR activities worldwide.
- Help organise in-person trainings, conferences, meetings, competitions, moots and visits, in particular taking care of the logistical aspects:
- preparing participant badges and nameplates
- compiling promotional materials such as rules and reports for distribution during the events
- welcoming the participants and help at the registration desk for events at the ICC and at external venues if required
- coordinating room booking and other logistical aspects
- Help organise virtual events, visits and meetings via Microsoft Teams Meetings/Live Events or Zoom. Ability to moderate meetings/virtual visits remotely
- Answer all registration related queries and troubleshoot registration related problems.
- Organise shipments of promotional materials for events outside ICC
- Proofread texts of event pages before they are sent to the web manager for uploading on the website; follow up on updates/changes
- Help of promotion of events via emailings
- Reply to general queries arriving to the general mailboxes and help maintain the electronic filing
- Help with the update of the calendar of ICC DRS activities worldwide
- Compile statistics on promotional activities worldwide
- A student with interest in marketing/communications and/or experience in organizing events is preferred. Interest in dispute resolution and dispute avoidance is preferable
- The intern will work in English and French and should ideally have oral and written skills in both languages. Strong attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work is necessary.
- Strong knowledge of computer tools is mandatory (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams Meeting, Live Event, Internet, Zoom, PDF, registration platforms, Canva, Sharepoint).
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland should get an appropriate visa from the French consulate. Interns are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. The ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships/fellowships.
- The 6-month internship programmes are full-time, and the average working week is 35 hours. The intern will be expected to be onsite during the week of the ICC Mediation Competition.
- The intern will receive a monthly gratification of about EUR 700 gross + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.
Terms and conditions
Department: Dispute Resolution Services – arbitration and ADR Promotion
Geographic location: ICC HQ – Paris, France
Availability: February 2024
Duration: 6 months
Applications should be addressed in English by email to Mrs. Stephanie Goubelle, Senior Manager, Arbitration and ADR Promotion: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2023.
This should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship) and indicating clearly the status of current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), showing interest and motivation for this particular internship. Please, indicate clearly your availability.
If you don’t receive any failure message, consider that your message was successfully sent.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone