Certificates of Origin Guidelines
As Certificate of Origin (CO) advocates, our World Chambers Federation (WCF) has established a universal set of procedures for issuing and attesting COs by chambers.
This set of international rules reinforces the trust and integrity of the CO Accreditation Chain, benefiting traders and Customs administrations worldwide.
- support transparent issuance standard procedures;
- provide assurance for independent, responsible and accountable issuance
- give credibility to the COs issued by chambers of commerce; and
- raise the level of acceptance by customs administrations and businesses.
The manual covers:
- The use and purpose of COs;
- definitions and language;
- the role and authority of chambers;
- place of issue;
- printing and distribution of forms;
- pricing and issuing fees;
- outline of the issuing process;
- determination and verification of origin;
- supporting documents;
- concessions and prohibitions;
- training requirements;
- changes or problems with certificates of origin;
- a supplement for CEOs; and
- printable sample letters and forms.
Widely accepted, the Guidelines have been translated into six languages. They are acknowledged as contributing to the harmonization of issuance procedures, advancing the promotion to trade facilitation and creating a more efficient and effective trade environment.