Young professionals in all industries all over the world frequently reflect on how to advance and develop their careers. Some young professionals in particular, may face additional challenges. Within the arbitration community, progress certainly has been made in terms of the number of diverse candidates serving as arbitrators, attaining the top positions in-house, and being successful rainmakers in their law firms. However, more remains to be done. Join us for an open and positive dialogue at the Triple Colloquium of ICC YAF/ ICDR Y&I and Young ICSID with lawyers across various industries, about how to anticipate, control and direct the elements that will give rise to your success, and how to deal with unexpected developments that may impact your career. Topics will include finding the right workplace; deciding when and why to switch jobs; considerations when planning for a family; and being recognized in your legal community for your potential and accomplishments.
ICC YAF, ICDR Y&I and Young ICSID Triple Colloquium
ICC YAF, ICDR Y&I, and Young ICSID will hold a joint evening programme in conjunction with the 34th AAA-ICC-ICSID Joint Colloquium on International Arbitration. This programme will kindly be hosted by Hogan Lovells US LLP.
|18:20 – 18:30||Opening Remarks|
· Daniela Arguello, Legal Counsel – Institutional Matters, ICSID, Washington, D.C.
· Soeun (Nikole) Lee, Deputy Director, International Court of Arbitration ®, New York
· Gretta Walters, Associate, Chaffetz Lindsey LLP, New York
|18:30 – 20:00||Panel Discussion|
· Moderator : Samaa A. F. Haridi, Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP, New York
· Darryl Chiang, Director, Legal, Google, San Francisco
· Estefanía Ponce Durán, Partner, Zuleta Abogados Asociados, Colombia
· Urvashi Sen, Privacy Officer for Americas, HCL Technologies, New York
|20:00 – 21:00||Reception|
Hogan Lovells US LLP
875 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022