|Recent developments in ICC arbitration and ADR|
During the course of the panel discussion, the following topics will be covered, among others:
– General introduction of the advantages and features of arbitration and ICC arbitration in particular
· Principles of arbitration, which serves as an alternative to court proceedings
· Importance of arbitration in cross-border disputes and in international trade contracts
– Different types of arbitration and distinction between institutional and ad hoc arbitration
– Arbitration agreement
· Party autonomy as a basic principle
· Basic elements of the arbitration agreement
· Legal framework in Romania
· ICC Statistics in the region
– Introduction to the ICC Rules of Arbitration and ICC dispute resolution tools
– The ICC Expedited Rules in practice: What are the ICC Expedited Rules and how is expedited arbitration the answer to legitimate user concern about time and costs? Practical examples when they could be chosen. How do they work for small arbitration claims? And bigger claims?
– Appointment / nomination of arbitrators according to ICC Rules – How to become an ICC arbitrator?
– Disputes Boards: what is new?