This advanced training will focus in depth on problems that arise in international contracts using a mock case. Participants will work in small groups to negotiate and redraft specific clauses of a multi-party contract riddled with mistakes, the aim being that they come away from the training with a sound-proof contract and various key model clauses.
Participants will be encouraged to share their experience and put their skills and techniques into action under the guidance of leading professionals in this field. The training will culminate with a 3 hour brainstorming session to give participants the opportunity to raise issues that they face in international contracts and obtain recommendations and advice from speakers and other participants.
- Perfect skills to negotiate and draft a contract
- Acquire techniques for drafting key clauses
- Learn the appropriate approach to resolving disputes
- Understand the importance of cultural and legal differences to avoid misunderstandings in an international context
- Practical application with a mock case, participating in small working groups limited to roughly 10 participants
Who should attend?
- Legal directors and corporate counsel from companies involved in international trade
- Practising lawyers
- Legal practitioners advising international trading companies
- Business people involved in international trade and dispute resolution