According to the statistics of the ICC Court referenced in 2017, Mexico occupies the second place of countries in Latin America that use arbitration as an alternative dispute resolution method. Additionally, it is ranked in the top 5 seats of arbitration in the region.
This year, the ICC International Court of Arbitration and ICC Mexico are organizing the second edition of the ICC Mexican Arbitration Day, which will analyze “Arbitration in corporate and financial disputes”. Representatives of the ICC Court, and both local and international speakers, will share their experiences on the following topics:
- Issues regarding corporate arbitration
- Arbitrability and public order in corporate arbitration proceedings
- Parallel actions in opposition to arbitration and its effects
- Alternative dispute resolution methods in corporate government
- Practice cases and solutions proposed
Additionally, there will be an ICC YAF Conference “Globalization and Transparency in international arbitration” on 21 June 2018, followed by a networking cocktail reception.
Who should attend?
Practicing lawyers, corporate counsels, in-house counsel, arbitrators and other dispute resolution services practitioners, academics and professionals involved and/or interested in obtaining further knowledge and keep up to date with domestic and international arbitration in Latin America.