The International Chamber of Commerce is currently recruiting a Writer to work with the Office of the Secretary General and craft compelling narratives on the full scope of issues ICC addresses on behalf of businesses worldwide.
Department: Office of the Secretary General
Location: Paris (or other European location with occasional travel to Paris)
Contract type and duration: Freelance
About our organization
Founded in 1919, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) makes business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
With a presence in more than 100 countries, ICC speaks for 45 million companies employing more than 1 billion workers globally and is the only private sector organization to hold United Nations Permanent Observer status.
Our members include many of the world’s largest companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
About the mission
Working closely with the Secretary General’s office, you will have the opportunity to craft compelling narratives on the full scope of issues ICC addresses on behalf of businesses worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff and in cooperation with the Global Communications team, you will assist with drafting speeches, opinion pieces, talking points and other content, including internal communications with ICC colleagues around the world.
Your work will contribute to increasing ICC’s visibility and extending the influence of ICC’s advocacy and thought leadership on global business issues.
- Draft speeches, op-eds, and talking points for ICC leadership
- Develop executive voices in line with ICC mission and brand
- Provide support for internal communications and other written deliverables
- Assist ICC’s Global Communications team with writing and editing projects, articles, statements and social media copy as needed
Required profile and experience
- Demonstrated experience in speechwriting, journalism or executive communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working closely with senior leaders on a range of written communications
- Strong research skills
- Compelling and persuasive storyteller
- Attentive to detail with first-rate proofreading skills
- Results-oriented and service-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in a business, media, political or non-profit environment, focusing on writing and editing communications materials
- Some understanding of, and preferably experience in, international trade, politics, economics or finance would be highly valued
- Native or near-native English is required
- Ability to draft at working level in other languages is an advantage
To be considered for this role, applicants are kindly asked to submit the following to Quinlan Carthane, Chief of Staff, email@example.com by 14 December 2018 with “Writer – ICC Secretary General” in the subject line:
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of two pages)
- Cover letter
- Two writing samples in the form of published articles, op-eds or speeches written by you for a senior colleague
Compensation: fee to be set in line with the successful candidate’s experience
Start date: ASAP