Assistant, Abu Dhabi Global Market, UAE
Vacancy with the Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration Case management office, Abu Dhabi Global Market, UAE
As a leading international arbitral institution, the ICC International Court of Arbitration (“Court”) attracts a growing arbitration caseload from all over the world. Cases are administered by specialised teams with knowledge of and experience in the major legal and cultural traditions. The Secretariat of the Court (“Secretariat”) is setting up a new case management team in Abu Dhabi Global Market, UAE. The team will deal principally with Middle East jurisdictions. It will be headed by a Counsel, assisted by a Deputy Counsel and an assistant.
Applications are invited for the position of Assistant for the Secretariat’s case management office in Abu Dhabi Global Market, UAE.
The role involves:
- Administrative tasks for the new case management team:
- Daily mail (preparation of letters, correction, formatting, sending out emails and express courier letters)
- Electronic and paper archiving
- Follow up of cases under the supervision of the legal staff
- Database management for the Court procedures
- Preparing Court documents and notification of Court decisions
- On-site point of contact for support services in Paris:
- Coordination with the Human Resources Department regarding visa and reporting on leaves
- Liaising with the Finance Department on matters related to banking, funds transfer as well as invoice approvals and payments.
- Coordination with the Digital Solutions Department and the local IT provider
- Liaising with Legal Services Department for the maintenance insurance policies
Applicants should be well organized, efficient, and able to work autonomously with initiative and have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, mainly Word, but also Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Familiarity with online administrative tools for remote communication and document preparation (Office 365, MS Teams) is an advantage. Applicants should also be able to work in a multicultural team.
Three to four years’ administrative experience is required. Excellent oral and written English and Arabic is essential. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
Candidates should indicate if they possess the necessary papers to work in Abu Dhabi.
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: mid-March 2021
Department: Dispute Resolution Services
Contract type and duration: Permanent
How to apply: If you would like to be considered, please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email to the attention of Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at email@example.com.
Candidates should specify “Court vacancy [Assistant_Abu Dhabi 2021]” in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: 7 February 2021