Vacancy with SICANA: Deputy Director North America
SICANA, Inc. (Secretariat of the International Court of Arbitration in North America) is currently recruiting a Deputy Director, Arbitration and ADR, North America for its office based in New York City.
SICANA, Inc. provides market-leading ICC arbitration and other ICC dispute resolution services in North America. The New York City office handles both the administration of arbitration cases and the promotion of ICC dispute resolution services in the United States and Canada.
The Deputy Director will report to the Director, Arbitration and ADR, North America (“Director”).
– Work with the Director to develop strategic priorities and execute client engagement and promotion plans, in addition to identifying new initiatives and opportunities for greater visibility and growth of ICC dispute resolution services in North America
– Support and participate in client engagement efforts and deliver presentations to key stakeholders in the legal, academic and business community (including government officials, in-house and external counsel, and business executives)
– Perform market and industry research and analysis in addition to providing project management support in connection with strategic priorities and specific initiatives/events
– Draft articles, communications, presentations and other promotional material for company and law firm meetings, events, social media and publications
– Plan, coordinate and participate in conferences and events, meetings, training sessions and Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) events in North America
– Work together with ICC National Committees and collaborate with other organizations to implement strategic priorities and develop greater awareness, knowledge and use of ICC arbitration and other dispute resolution services
– Keep track of dispute resolution developments in North America and understand and report on the legal and business community’s dispute resolution needs and expectations in North America
– Degree in law with at least two years of post-qualification experience, preferably with knowledge of dispute resolution, particularly international arbitration and/or ADR
Interest and motivation for business development and marketing activities
– Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
– English at a native level. Fluency in other languages, such as Spanish and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
– Be well-organized and proactive, including ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with stakeholders.
– Able to travel
– Proficient in MS Office programs.
Terms and conditions
Candidates should be authorized to work in the United States and be available to start as soon as possible.
Estimated starting date: Immediate
Department: Dispute Resolution Services, the position is based in New York City.
Contract type and duration: Permanent contract
How to apply: Please send a full CV and Cover letter, together with a writing sample to email@example.com and specify “[Deputy Director SICANA_2021]” in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
SICANA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
SICANA, Inc., 140 East 45th Street, Suite 14C, New York, NY 10017, USA