International Court of Arbitration (New York): Deputy Counsel
SICANA Inc. currently is recruiting a Deputy Counsel for a team based in New York City, dealing primarily with cases from the North American region.
As a leading international arbitral institution, the International Court of Arbitration® of the International Chamber of Commerce® (“International Court of Arbitration”) attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. The cases are administered by specialized teams with knowledge and experience of the major legal and cultural traditions. Each team is headed by a Counsel and assisted by two or three Deputy Counsel, and two or three administrative assistants.
The role of Deputy Counsel involves both legal and administrative tasks including:
- Reviewing and processing Requests for Arbitration and other documents filed by parties, arbitrators and others during arbitration proceedings
- Preparing agendas (memoranda) briefing the International Court of Arbitration on decisions it is required to take
- When Counsel is absent, replacing Counsel at sessions of the International Court of Arbitration
- Correspondence and telephone conversations with parties and arbitral tribunals concerning all aspects of case management
- Answering general queries about the ICC arbitral process by telephone and in writing
- Monitoring the financial aspects of the arbitrations handled by the team
Successful applicants may also prepare notes or articles for publication, and represent the International Court of Arbitration and its Secretariat during seminars and conferences.
Applicants should be qualified lawyers (or with such a qualification pending) with at least two years of professional experience in a legal environment. Ideally, applicants should be qualified lawyers in the US. Applicants must be well organized, have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively in a multicultural team.
Oral and written English at a native speaker level is essential. Fluency in other languages is an advantage.
If you would like to be considered, please send your resume and a cover letter only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “[vacancy SICANA_2020_DC]” in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is 7 August 2020.
Candidates should possess the necessary papers to work in the United States and be available to start as soon as possible.
SICANA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
SICANA, Inc., 140 East 45th Street, Suite 14C, New York, NY 10017, USA