« SECRETARIA DA CORTE INTERNACIONAL DE ARBITRAGEM BRASIL »
As a leading international arbitral institution, the the International Court of Arbitration® of the International Chamber of Commerce® (“International Court of Arbitration”) attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. The cases are administered by specialized teams with knowledge and experience of the major legal and cultural traditions. Each team is headed by a Counsel and includes two or three Deputy Counsel.
SCIAB Ltda. – “Secretaria da Corte Internacional de Arbitragem Brasil” is currently recruiting a Deputy Counsel for the case management team based in Sao Paulo – Brazil, dealing primarily with Brazilian domestic cases.
The role involves both legal and administrative tasks including:
- Reviewing and processing requests for arbitration and other documents filed by parties, arbitrators and others during arbitration proceedings
- Preparing agendas (memoranda) briefing the International Court of Arbitration on decisions it is required to take
- When Counsel is absent, replacing Counsel at sessions of the International Court of Arbitration
- Correspondence and telephone conversations with parties and arbitral tribunals concerning all aspects of case management
- Answering general queries about the ICC arbitral process by telephone and in writing
- Monitoring the financial aspects of the arbitrations handled by the team
- Keeping proper accounts of the cases managed by the team and reporting to the head office financial department for the accounting of the cases
Successful applicants may also prepare notes or articles for publication, and represent the Court and its Secretariat during seminars and conferences.
Applicants should be recently qualified lawyers with professional experience in a legal environment. A formal legal qualification (i.e. Bar exam or equivalent) is not, however, essential if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient legal training and experience in international arbitration, international and/or commercial law. Ideal candidates will have some accounting knowledge.
Candidates must be well organised, have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively in a multicultural team.
Candidates must speak and write Portuguese at a native level and should be fluent in English.
Any interested persons should send their applications by email to Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at email@example.com and specify “Court vacancy SCIAB Deputy Counsel 2019” in the subject line of their email application.
- Closing date for applications: 15 February 2019
- Availability: immediate