The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is one of the leading international dispute resolution institutions. The ICC International Centre for ADR of the ICC administers all dispute resolution proceedings filed under the ICC Mediation, Expertise, Dispute Board and DOCDEX Rules, and is also in charge of all of ICC’s promotional activities in this regard.
The ICC International Centre for ADR (the “Centre”) is currently recruiting its Manager. The position is based at ICC’s headquarters in Paris.
The role of the Manager for the ICC International Centre for ADR involves the following activities and tasks:
Administration of ADR cases:
- Management of a team of 3 staff members (2 Deputy Managers and 1 assistant), administering the cases submitted to the Centre
- Exchanging correspondence with parties and neutrals, administering the financial aspects of cases, holding telephone conversations with parties and neutrals, analyzing the submissions
- Taking decisions regarding the procedures under the supervision of the DRS Director and informing the parties and the neutrals involved
- Communicating with the members of the Standing Committee of the International Centre for Expertise and implementing its decisions
Promotion and business development:
- Designing the strategy for the development of the Centre
- Developing the activities of the Centre in cooperation with the ICC National Committees by organizing promotional events, and representing the Centre at conferences or educational activities in France and abroad
- Representing the Centre in different organizations relevant to the Centre’s activities
Ideal candidates will have a postgraduate degree in law, a legal qualification (bar admission), and a minimum of four years post-qualification relevant professional experience as well as proven know-how and practical experience in the field of ADR. Mediation training is highly desired.
- Required Skills:
The candidates should be able to manage a team while operating as part of a larger multicultural team. They should be capable to take decisions and implementing them. Experience in project management and in meeting coordination is also required as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidates must have proven ability to work under high pressure.
Oral and written English at native level is essential. Fluency in French is highly desirable. Fluency in other languages is an advantage. Good computer skills, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Proactiveness, organization, rigorousness and precision. The candidate must have proven experience speaking in public and presenting to different audiences.
The Manager of the ICC International Centre for ADR will report directly to the Director of the Dispute Resolution Services.
If you would like to be considered, please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email to Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates should specify “Court vacancy [ADR Manager_2019]” in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: 4 June 2019.