Manager for Publications
The Dispute Resolution Services department of the International Chamber of Commerce is currently recruiting a Manager for Publications reporting to the Secretary General of the International Court of Arbitration.
The role of the Manager for Publications involves editorial, legal and managerial tasks. He or she will be required to:
- Prepare the publications of the Dispute Resolution Services, including its online library.
- Ensure proper circulation and distribution of publications in both print and digital formats.
- Prepare and revise legal, scientific and promotional texts published by the Dispute Resolution Services (International Court for Arbitration, Centre for ADR, Commission on Arbitration and ADR…) in different languages and on different media (paper, electronic, online). In particular, the Manager for Publications will:
- Draft, revise, and correct texts, mainly in English and French;
- Prepare legal decisions (awards, procedural orders…) for publication;
- Manage the preparation and production of the ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin, by:
- Monitoring and contributing to the Editorial Board’s exchanges on content;
- Establishing and implementing production schedules;
- Revising and formatting the texts to be published;
- Overseeing the distribution of each issue.
- Supply material to be published in the online library (ICC DRL)
- Prepare documents for the library
- Monitor and update the contents of the library.
- Manage agreements for the reproduction/translation of the publications of the Dispute Resolution Services and, in general, all matters related to copyright.
- Ensure the quality of the contents of the publications.
- Ensure that the publications reflect the image of the Dispute Resolution Services and comply with ICC design guidelines.
- Oversee the administrative and logistical functioning of the publications unit.
- Supervise the Assistant for Publications.
Ideal candidates will have a degree in law and a higher education qualification in languages. They will possess a minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience and have proven skills in drafting legal and promotional texts. The candidates should be perfectly at ease with Acrobat Reader, Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in publishing, project administration and team management would be welcome. The candidates should be rigorous, organised and attentive to detail.
Excellent oral and written English and French are essential. Fluency in other languages such as German, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be an advantage.
If you would like to be considered, please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email to the attention of Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at email@example.com. Candidates should specify “Court vacancy “[Publications Manager 2017]” in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: 23 July 2017.