SICANA, Inc. is currently recruiting a Promotion Officer for its office based in New York City, working primarily with the Educational Services team. The Promotion Officer will report to the Director of SICANA, Inc. and will work closely with the Educational Services Team.
As a leading international arbitral institution, the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (“International Court of Arbitration”) attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. The New York office includes an educational services team and a case management team. The educational services team is responsible for the promotion of ICC arbitration and alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services throughout North America. The case management team is a specialized team responsible for the administration of cases related to North America.
The role of Promotion Officer involves the following tasks:
- Assisting in development of external relationships with companies, law firms and industry associations, including coordination of business development meetings
- Assisting in creating ICC pitch portfolios for potential and existing users
- Coordinating the logistics for all SICANA events (processing registrations, preparation of conference documents/materials, venue arrangements, liaising with speakers/moderators/venue staff, CLE applications, etc.)
- Developing the marketing materials for events, including programs, brochures and save the date flyers
- Managing SICANA’s e-marketing announcements and contact database
- Assisting with special projects
- Performing other administrative and support tasks as needed
The candidate must be very well organized, have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as very good computer skills, be able to work independently, have a proven ability to work under pressure, and have a very good attitude towards team-work. Due to the high number of different projects, excellent multitasking abilities are necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in marketing or communications is preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Powerpoint and Excel
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or a similar platform is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, administrative and organization skills
- Interest in international dispute resolution
Preference will be given to those candidates who have worked in an international environment.
Superior benefits package includes generous vacation and sick leave, company-paid dental, vision, prescription drug, long- and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance. Comprehensive medical plan is offered. 401(k) retirement plan option is available with partial employer match.
For consideration, please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates should specify “Promotion Officer ” in the subject line of their email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 27th, 2018. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
SICANA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.