Vacancy (CDD 1 year, renewable) with the Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
The Dispute Resolution Services department is currently recruiting a Project Manager reporting to the Secretary General of the International Court of Arbitration via the Steering Committee.
The successful candidate will manage, under the supervision of the project Steering Committee, the project consisting in replacing the information system for the management of the arbitration and ADR cases at the International Court of Arbitration (ICA). The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the necessary actions to ensure the achievement of the goals set by the Steering Committee within the project.
He or she will be required to:
- Establish a good working atmosphere with the functional users, the System Integrator (SI) and the Project Team
- Understand and integrate the overall project objectives
- Identify and mobilize the different internal stakeholders to discuss and propose the target functional solutions (topic by topic and global) and submit them to the Project Team and to the Contractual Committee
- Coordinate the different sub-teams of the project (case management, finance, legal , IT, SI, etc…) and organize all necessary alignment points
- Have the overview of the end-to-end solution (processes and solution)
- Organize the validation of the different functional options within the tool (proposed by the SI)
- Coordinate the testing and validation of the target solution with the dedicated key-users (testing plan to be elaborated by the SI)
- Elaborate the training strategy of final users and coordinates the realization of training materials
- Elaborate the internal communication on the project (communication strategy to be validated by the Steering Committee)
- Report on the implementation of the project versus the Budget and planning
- Moderate the weekly Project Team follow-up meeting – follow-up the issue list from one week to another
- Prepare the monthly Contractual Committee :
- Give clear progress status (planning, budget)
- Communicate openly on issues
- Propose arbitration path for all key choices / issues
- Assess key risks and proposes contingency plans accordingly
Candidates will have a solid experience in managing similar projects, ideally in a legal environment. They will possess a proven experience in all the aspects of the project management (planning, budget and issue list follow-up). Knowledge of the ICA arbitration process as well as of the different ICA stakeholders will be an advantage.
The candidates should have analytical skills but a synthetic and rigorous work approach.
They will be able to work in a multicultural environment, and should show personal drive, commitment to success and leadership.
Fluency in French and English are essential.
Any interested persons should send their applications by email to Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “Court vacancy_ Project Manager” in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: 3 May 2017