Project Director BASCAP
BASCAP is a Special Projects Initiative of the ICC. Project Director for BASCAP reports internally to the COO of ICC and coordinates and collaborates with other parts of the ICC organization to deliver on its goals and objectives.
Title: Project Director – Business Action to Stop Counterfeiting and Piracy (BASCAP)
Reports to: COO, ICC
Job status: ICC employee (based at ICC HQ in Paris)
ICC launched Business Action to Stop Counterfeiting and Piracy, BASCAP, an ICC project, in order to:
- Connect and mobilize businesses across industries, sectors and national borders in the fight against counterfeiting and piracy.
- Pool resources and expertise – creating greater critical mass than any single company or sector could do alone.
- Amplify the voice and views of business to governments, public and media – increasing both awareness and understanding of counterfeiting and piracy activities and the associated economic and social damage.
- Compel government action and the allocation of resources towards strengthened intellectual property rights enforcement.
- Create a culture change to ensure intellectual property is respected and protected.
BASCAP is a Special Projects Initiative of the ICC, and as such, is a critical part of the ICC organization and network of global members. Project Director for BASCAP reports internally to the COO of ICC and coordinates and collaborates with other parts of the ICC organization to deliver on its goals and objectives.
The Project Director will be responsible for completing the following tasks:
- Leading the development of the annual BASCAP work plan in consultation with the COO of ICC, all ICC Departments and the co-Chairs and Steering Committee (SC) of BASCAP
- Keeping the COO of ICC and the co-Chairs and SC of BASCAP updated on progress against the work plan and changes in priorities and projects, through regular written communications, telephone calls and at least two meetings per year. Developing the agenda and summarizing the outcomes of the meetings on a timely basis.
- Leading the ICC team and outside consultants dedicated to the BASCAP project
- Selecting, training, providing direction, assigning projects and providing feedback on performance of the team
- Managing and strengthening the working relationships with member companies.
- Managing the finances of BASCAP project, including preparation of budgets and regular updates of the budget and financial position of the organization to ICC Leaders and BASCAP members
- Aligning BASCAP work plan with the work of ICC Policy department and Commissions, as well as with other ICC’s departments
- Liaising with ICC national committees to make them aware of BASCAP work and the value to their operations, and to enroll them in supporting and participating in BASCAP work.
- Leading the development of BASCAP policy positions, reports, papers and programs, outreach and communications of these to key stakeholders and thought leaders.
- Building working relationships with national and international intergovernmental organizations
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in relevant disciplines, such as economics, public policy, international relations, public affairs or law.
- Strong project management experience
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience including a good understanding of international policy issues, ideally including knowledge and experience in Intellectual Property, IP Rights and enforcement
- Relevant experience leading or working with an international membership organization, or IGO.
- Relevant experience in identifying and analysing global issues and recommending pertinent courses of action.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management in a private or public sector environment
- Demonstrated ability to represent ICC and BASCAP in high level meetings and conferences with senior government and private sector audiences, including proven skills in making public presentations and leading discussions with business experts, government and intergovernmental leaders and the news media.
- Perfect written and spoken English (other languages would be desirable)
- Proven interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- The capacity to work well under pressure, on several projects at the same time
- Proven people management skills
- Planning and organizing
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Commercially minded
- Results driven
Interested persons should send an application with a CV and a cover letter by e-mail to Philip Kucharski, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2017