Online Communities Coordinator
The ICC Online Communities Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining ICC’s digital presence (social media and web) and driving audience growth.
Department: Global Communications
Geographic location: ICC Global Headquarters – Paris, France
Contract type and duration: CDI
About our organization
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) makes business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Our vision is to enable business worldwide to secure peace, prosperity and opportunity for all. With a presence in more than 100 countries, ICC speaks for 45 million companies – employing over 1 billion workers globally and is the only business organization to hold United Nations Observer Status. Our members include many of the world’s largest companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
About the role
The ICC Online Communities Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining ICC’s digital presence (social media and web) and driving audience growth. The role involves coordinating activity across all ICC social media accounts and supporting the development of high-quality digital content. This full-time position is based at ICC’s global headquarters in Paris, France. It sits within ICC’s Global Communications team which works to raise the visibility of ICC and extend the influence of ICC’s advocacy on global business issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce dynamic and high standard digital content in English.
- Oversee content strategy, managing content planning and publication across ICC’s range of social media accounts (including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram) to optimize engagement and increase following.
- Create and execute social media plans around major events and campaigns (both internal and external).
- Conceptualize and create bespoke images and videos for social media and web posts as well as other communications materials.
- Monitor social media influencers, trends and dialogues to help identify opportunities for interaction on issues relating to priority ICC work areas. Identify appropriate content for engagement.
- Contribute to ICC’s overarching branding mission through consistent implementation of ICC’s editorial and design guidelines.
- Liaise with creative and editorial teams to develop copy and visuals for all ICC digital platforms.
- Extract key findings from reports and other sources for digital presentation.
- Edit and optimise content on the ICC website to achieve traffic and marketing objectives, in line with editorial guidelines.
- Develop consistency of style and content across the ICC website.
- Create pioneering content for the website and contribute content to other platforms as needed.
- Monitor and interpret web and social media analytics to identify opportunities for digital content and search engine optimisation (SEO). Produce regular activity reports and campaign analysis.
- Manage e-newsletter distribution and other content deployment.
- Train staff on social media usage and standard practices. Raise awareness among ICC staff and global network of the benefits and uses of social media.
- Liaise with ICC global offices, representatives and partners on campaign creation and engagement, developing toolkits to support ICC’s global digital presence, aligned with ICC the brand and messaging.
- Keep pace with latest developments on social media and digital platforms including online behaviours, trends and latest tools.
- Enforce ICC’s social media policy and monitor for breaches.
Required profile and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in communications web marketing and/or communities management.
- Deep understanding of major social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Solid understanding of SEO and content marketing as well as awareness of emerging social media/digital trends.
- Experience using social media management tools such as Hootsuite.
- Social media data analytics and reporting experience.
- Video-making Photography and experience.
- Publishing experience in WordPress.
- Tech-savvy (Microsoft Office, Photoshop or similar) and experienced using social media for professional purposes, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Highly organized and self-disciplined with a strategic mindset.
- Ability to provide content recommendations adapted to each platform.
- Excellent written English skills with good working knowledge of French. Other languages a plus.
- A customer-service and results-oriented mindset.
- Previous experience, education or interest in international development, governments, public policy or relevant global issues a plus.
To be considered, applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter in English detailing relevant social media experience by email to: Dawn Chardonnal email@example.com by 30 November 2018
Start date ASAP