ICC Legal Services: Lawyer/Juriste
The ICC Legal Services department is currently recruiting a Lawyer for a permanent contract.
The ICC Legal Services department is responsible for advising ICC and its affiliates on corporate, contract, insurance, tax matters and for implementing and monitoring compliance policies and procedures put in place pursuant to obligations imposed by relevant legal and regulatory authorities.
The Legal Services department of the ICC is currently recruiting a Lawyer for a permanent contract. Such a role involves legal and administrative tasks including:
- liaising with ICC insurance brokers
- liaising with ICC insurance companies and their counsel
- creating and implementing procedures for the follow-up of disputes and litigations
Dispute and Litigation:
- preparing files. This includes gathering information, organizing, filing and archiving ICC documents
- monitoring deadlines
- communicating with ICC legal counsel when requested to do so by the General Counsel
- assisting the person in charge of compliance matter within the ICC Legal Services department. This includes running compliance checks, preparing notes, documentation and presentation, and conducting research.
- assisting the person in charge of contract drafting and reviewing domestic and international contractual documents
Support for ICC teams and projects:
- processing internal and external requests for clarification and explanation
- participating in internal and external meetings/projects
Support to the General Counsel:
- prepare mail, notes, summaries, reports and communications for the General Counsel
- participating in the monitoring of internal processes and reporting
- collaborating with the General Counsel to the preparation, publication, supervision and proofreading of documents and communications
Administrative tasks and research:
- performing administrative tasks including filing, archiving as well as other assignments requested by the Legal Services department
- conducting research in public and private international law, comparative law, data protection law and commercial law
Knowledge and experience in tax matters and/or contract laws will be a significant advantage.
The candidate shall have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work in a truly international and very demanding environment with a broad range of internal and external counterparts.
Applicants should be qualified business lawyers with strong academic credentials in insurance law. An experience of Insurance contract management is required. Candidates must have excellent drafting, communication and analytical skills. Attention to detail and being very well organized are a must.
Full proficiency in oral and written English and French are essential. Knowledge of Russian, Arabic or Spanish is an advantage.
The lawyer reports to the General Counsel. The position is based in Paris at ICC Headquarters.