Lawyer – CDD – Fixed- term contract (maternity replacement)
The Legal Services Department is currently seeking candidates for the position of Lawyer (CDI).
About our organization
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) makes business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Our vision is to enable business worldwide to secure peace, prosperity and opportunity for all. With a presence in more than 100 countries, ICC speaks for 45 million companies – employing over 1 billion workers globally and is the only private sector organization with Permanent Observer status to the United Nations. Our members include many of the world’s largest companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
As a member of the Legal Services Department of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Lawyer would be part of the legal team working on compliance-related matters, advising ICC’s different operations and departments to ensure conformity with relevant applicable laws and regulations as well as the institution’s internal policies and procedures.
Key tasks will include:
- Reviewing all compliance-related aspects of ICC’s work such as international sanctions and embargoes, fraud, anti-corruption and money-laundering
- Determining compliance risks in the course of operations daily work
- Implementing and managing ICC’s compliance program
- Developing and reviewing ICC policies and procedures
- Advising ICC operations and executive management on compliance laws and regulations
- Training and educating staff on compliance through the development of bespoke programs
- Answering compliance questions received from staff and executive management
The ideal candidate will have:
- A master degree in business law
- A proven track record as compliance lawyer
- Experience in a corporate legal department
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Strong organizational skills and shall be precise, concise, and rigorous
- The ability and willingness to work under pressure in a truly global context
- The skills to work in a challenging and constantly evolving environment
- A strong team spirit
- The desire to be a business partner as well as a problem solver
- Bilingual command of French and English and an additional language would be a plus
- Experience of regular use of digital due diligence tools
Terms and conditions
- Estimated starting date: as soon as possible
- Department: Legal, the position will be based in Paris.
- Contract type and duration: Fixed-term contract
- How to apply: Please send a full CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
- Closing date for applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until an appropriate candidate has been identified