The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is looking for an ambitious and energetic Knowledge Manager to join its team working specifically as part of the Finance for Development Knowledge Centre and Knowledge Solutions Department.
ICC is the world’s largest business organisation with a network reaching 45 million members in more than 100 countries. We work to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation through a unique mix of advocacy and standard setting activities—together with market-leading dispute resolution services.
ICC’s Knowledge Solutions Department is responsible for the organisation’s full suite of policy, standard setting and advocacy activities, with a strong focus on trade and investment. This includes: providing substantive policy input into key international processes; developing industry rules and guidelines to facilitate international trade and promote responsible business practices; and providing influential thought leadership on major global trade issues.
ICC’s policy positions are developed through consultation with member companies and associations in over 100 countries – including through 12 specialist groups of policy experts and a number of special projects.
The Knowledge Manager will work towards strengthening ICC’s leadership position in a number of areas, such as trade finance market intelligence, sustainability for the trade finance and export finance sectors, standard practices for Supply Chain Finance instruments in the same spirit as the rules for documentary trade finance.
ICC seeks a candidate with knowledge and experience in international trade, finance and sustainability, as well as proven project management skills.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage all activities related to Market intelligence outputs, in particular the annual ICC Global Survey on Trade Finance and subsequent annual report
- Explore new scenarios for delivering market intelligence and develop strategy to ensure project evolution beyond existing models
- Facilitate work on trade finance and export finance sustainability
- Coordinate work on Supply Chain Finance and facilitate Global Supply Chain Finance Forum processes
- Contribute to position ICC in the infrastructure sector (water, power, etc.) drivers of change, development of tools (SOURCE initiative …), guidance papers.
- Support the development of a Helpdesk for SMEs to facilitate their access to finance, including through creditworthiness assessment tools
- Contribute on an ongoing basis to range of projects relating to the ICC Banking Commission and Finance for Development Knowledge Centre
Education and Experience:
- Higher-level education in relevant disciplines, such as business or economics
- Experience in an international environment, with business and policy processes
- Demonstrated project management skills, coordination capacity and autonomy
- Strong communication and persuasion skills in writing and orally
- Ability to coordinate the work of partners and colleagues who are international, multicultural and multilingual
- Ability to collaborate with executive management, international corporations, intergovernmental organisations
- Perfect written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages, in particular French, would be a plus
- Excellent computer skills are required, data processing and data visualization skills and highly preferable
- Capacity to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Capacity to manage numerous projects at the same time
- Able to deliver tangible results to fixed deadlines
- Collegial spirit
- All ICC departments
- National committees and groups
- Trade Finance decision-makers and specialists
- Chambers of commerce
- Experts, members of ICC Policy expert groups
Terms and conditions
Location: The position is located in Paris, France.
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Applications, consisting of a full CV, a cover letter and two writing samples on topics relevant to the position should be submitted electronically to the selection committee at: Policy_applications@iccwbo.org