ICC Young Arbitrators Forum Regional Representatives (Volunteer position)
The International Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking volunteers to serve as new ICC YAF Regional Representatives for a two-and-half year term for the duration of ICC YAF’s 2019-2021 mandate beginning in February 2019.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) brings together young lawyers and in-house counsel to strengthen ties among younger members of the international arbitration community and provide networking opportunities.
ICC YAF is now offering the opportunity to young practitioners to be ICC YAF representatives in their respective regions. We are currently seeking volunteers to serve as new ICC YAF Regional Representatives for a two-and-half year term for the duration of ICC YAF’s 2019-2021 mandate beginning in February 2019.
We are looking for motivated young arbitration experts to join the ICC YAF: a global network of 10,000 members spread across six Regional Chapters (Africa, Middle East and Turkey, North Asia, South Asia, Europe and Russia, Latin America and North America).
ICC YAF organises over 100 events each year worldwide. These YAF events are “local” initiatives to attract the younger generation of arbitration and ADR practitioners to get together and share experiences in arbitration.
Important note: ICC YAF Regional Representatives work voluntarily and must fund their own involvement with ICC YAF. ICC does not pay any travel or other expenses.
The new ICC YAF Representatives will start their mandate in February 2019 and will have an overlap until the next ICC YAF Global Conference in London in June 2019. This event will be the official handover between current and new ICC YAF Representatives.
We are looking for candidates who:
- are highly motivated and interested in promoting the work of ICC and ICC YAF;
- are active in the field of international arbitration and/or mediation and alternative international commercial dispute resolution;
- are ready and available to take charge of the logistical organization of events and organize at least two events per year in their country/region;
- consult and communicate regularly with their Head of Chapter, the GCC when needed, and ICC’s National Committees;
- assist in the promotion and development of the Regional Chapter’s network of young practitioners including lawyers, arbitrators, in-house counsel, business people, members of the judiciary etc.;
- take initiatives in developing benefits and opportunities for ICC YAF members;
- are available to serve for a term of two-and-half years;
How to apply
If you would like to take an active role in ICC YAF, please send your CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page cover letter highlighting:
- whether you have already been a speaker or a moderator at a conference (what type?)
- whether you have been involved in the organization of an event (how big?)
- whether you are or have you been a member of an organization/association linked to arbitration or dispute resolution (Which? Since when? In what capacity?)
- whether you are involved in any academic activity: do you lecture or teach? (at University/Law school? Where?), have you been involved in writing articles, revues, reports etc…. (which?)
Applications should be sent to the Head of Chapter of your region with email@example.com in copy
by 16 December 2018.
Regional Directors’/Head of Chapter contact information:
|Africa, Middle East & Turkey |
North Asia Chapter
|Europe & Russia Chapter |
Laetitia DE MONTALIVET
Latin America Chapter
North America Chapter
For more information about ICC YAF visit us at the ICC YAF website.