ICC International Court of Arbitration – Deputy Director – Abu Dhabi
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Director with the ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC Court) representative office for the MENA region. The position in based in Abu Dhabi Global Markets, UAE.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) offers a wide array of dispute resolution services specifically intended for international commerce and cross-border transactions. Its flagship service is arbitration, which carries the hallmark of the ICC Court: a world leader in resolving international commercial disputes. Since its creation in 1923, the Court has administered more than 23,000 cases from across the world. The International Centre for ADR (ICC ADR Centre) provides complementary services, including mediation and other forms of amicable dispute settlement, expert appraisal (including a service specifically for trade finance disputes) and dispute boards.
Under the supervision of the Regional Director for the MENA region and in coordination with the Secretariat of the ICC Court and the other services of ICC, the representative office in Abu Dhabi Global Markets represents the ICC Court and has the mission of promoting arbitration and alternative dispute resolution methods.
The Deputy Director will report to the Regional Director for the MENA region and will have the following responsibilities:
- Receive requests for arbitration for the MENA regional office
- Respond to all queries from local users regarding arbitration and other dispute resolution services
- Work together with ICC National Committees to develop awareness, knowledge and use of ICC arbitration and other dispute resolution services
- Understand and report the local users’ needs in terms of arbitration and alternatives dispute resolution services
- Organize and participate into conferences and events, meetings, training sessions and Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) events
- Deliver presentations to key players in the legal and business community (including government representatives, in-house counsel and lawyers)
- Prepare articles, correspondence and other material to promote ICC Dispute Resolution Services
- Degree in law with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience, preferably with knowledge of dispute resolution, particularly international arbitration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written as well as spoken English and Arabic. Fluency in other languages (Farsi, Turkish and French) would be desirable.
- Be well-organized and proactive, able to work autonomously
- Able to travel
- Proficient in MS Office programmes
Candidates should send their applications by email to Sami Houerbi, Regional Director ICC International Court of Arbitration (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner (email@example.com) and specify “Court vacancy [Deputy Director Abu Dhabi 2017]” in the subject line of the email.
Closing date for applications: 22 September 2017