3-day per week role; consultancy basis.
The post will involve engagement on a broad range of UN and WTO work-streams – on issues including trade, investment, human rights, international development and the digital economy.
This is an exciting position which combines both government engagement and business development aspects, with the aim of establishing a new value-add engagement program in Geneva for the world’s leading business association.
- monitor, track and analyze policy developments in Geneva-based international organizations. Provide targeted intelligence and updates to ICC staff and member companies.
- develop and maintain strong working relationships with Geneva-based organizations, agencies and government representatives.
- build and develop new corporate networks to support ICC workstreams and programs.
- lead engagement on key policy issues — working with teams in the ICC Policy and Global Affairs Department — to shape substantive intergovernmental outcomes.
- lead and/or coordinate the development of submissions and written representations to Geneva-based policy makers.
- identify and develop potential opportunities for partnerships with Geneva-based organizations and associated funding streams where appropriate.
- act as the primary spokesperson for ICC with Geneva-based media.
- establish opportunities to provide visibility for ICC and member companies within major intergovernmental forums.
- act as a focal point for corporate engagement on issues within the remit of the position.
- ensure a seamless corporate service for members in coordination with executive staff in Paris (HQ) and New York.
- 7+ years relevant experience in government, public affairs or policy making.
- a first-rate understanding of the functioning of UN organizations/agencies and the WTO.
- established experience working on substantive policy issues within the remit of Geneva-based international organizations — inter alia, trade, investment, human rights, international development and the digital economy.
- established networks in Geneva and with global corporations would be advantageous.
- demonstrated government engagement skills in global forums and an overarching commitment to providing high-levels of client service.
- native level fluency in English. Additional languages would be a plus.