ICC DRS Europe & Russia Regional Business Development and ICC Institute of World Business Law: Traineeship
We are looking for an intern for a period of 6 months, starting from July 2021.
Regional Business Development, Arbitration & ADR – Europe and Russia:
The Regional Director for Europe and Russia oversees the business development activities of the ICC dispute resolution services in Europe including Russia, with a strong focus on arbitration.
ICC Institute of World Business Law:
The ICC Institute of World Business Law is a think-tank providing research, training and information to the legal profession concerned with the development of international business law. It is also membership based group for whom various projects are developed.
Tasks and Activities:
Under the double supervision of the Regional Director and the Institute Director, the intern will assist with the various activities of both services.
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the department in the following tasks:
- Help organize dispute resolution trainings, conferences, meeting (mostly virtual), in particular:
- Helping in the promotion
- Compiling background materials such as rules and reports for e-distribution during the events;
- Helping in the logistical preparation
- Monitoring the online registration system;
- coordinating the catering, room booking and other logistical aspects if in person
- Answer all registration related queries and troubleshoot registration related problems.
- Doing some legal research
- Doing some market research
- Assisting the Regional Director and the Institute Director in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Reviewing and updating mock cases
- Be part of the ICC YAF activities and helping in monitoring activities
- Compile and analyse statistics
A student with interest in both dispute resolution and marketing/communications is preferred. A legal background is mostly recommended, notably in ADR issues. The intern will work in English and French and should ideally have oral and written skills in both languages.
Strong attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work is necessary.
Strong knowledge of computer tools are mandatory such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams Meeting, Internet, Zoom and PDF; and knowledge of Live Event and registration platforms would be a plus.
The candidate needs to still be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible for an internship at the ICC. He/she (if national from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland) should get an appropriate visa from a French consulate.
The Traineeship Programs are full-time and the average working week is 35 hours.
The Intern will receive a monthly gratification of about EUR 630 + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.
The working conditions will highly depend on the sanitary conditions, and part of the internship might take remotely.
Applications should be addressed in English by email to Mrs. Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 May 2021.
This should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship) and indicating clearly the status of current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), showing interest and motivation for this particular internship. Please, indicate clearly your availability.
If you don’t receive any failure message, it means that your message was successfully sent.