ICC is currently recruiting an HR Manager to work within the HR Department based at ICC Global Headquarters in Paris.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the institutional representative of more than 45 million companies in over 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions, and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
Reporting directly to the HR Director, you will work to advance ICC’s mission through HR excellence, collaborating with ICC managers and other stakeholders to support ICC activities on a variety of people-related matters, including for our overseas offices. This includes driving change and excellence in people operations and management, onboarding, performance management, talent development, legal compliance, work permits and termination of contracts.
You will also contribute to pioneering strategies to develop, retain, and engage ICC employees in line with ICC’s purpose, culture, and values.
- Create strategic business partnership with people managers and leaders to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of ICC’s workforce.
- Coordinate ICC’s onboarding process with Managers, the ICC Talent Acquisition Manager and HR Administration team.
- Manage HR cycles along with HR Director including performance management, people review/succession planning and people development.
- Collaborate in the design of ICC’s annual training plan.
- Collaborate in the roll out of pioneering HR initiatives, programmes, and processes.
- Contribute to job mapping, job grading and weighting processes.
- Establish yourself as the point of contact for employees when navigating challenging personal or professional issues that impact their work experience.
- Identify gaps and deploy impactful people strategies that enable ICC to perform, transform and scale efficiently.
- Serve as an HR and employment law expert advising on interpretation / application of labour law, collective agreements, and specific employee relations issues.
- Assure compliance with collective agreements and implement adequate information process and actions if necessary (e.g. management of return from maternity leave, of retirement departure, internal mobility).
- Promote the efficiency and the organisation of activities related to personnel administration management routines through effective coordination with the HR administration and payroll teams.
- Manage work permit renewals in different jurisdictions to ensure ICC is compliant with local regulations
- Proven HR background and experience in managing international HR operations (7+ years of experience) within a fast-paced work environment
- Solid foundation of French and International employment law and ability to apply this effectively as a trusted adviser
- Experience partnering with leaders to build and execute People strategies
- Agility to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- Ability to exercise sound and efficient judgement when managing complex decisions
- Discretion to work with highly confidential information
- Effective and engaging communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in understanding ICC areas of work, and how your role as HR Manager can enable ICC success.
- Commercial and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritise workload
- Seeks solutions and enjoys finding new and creative ways to reach targets
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Fluency in English and French
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: as soon as possible
Contract type and duration: permanent contract
How to apply: Any interested persons should send their applications by email at Recrutement_ServiceRH@iccwbo.org and specify “HR Manager application” in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2022
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, everyday, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.