As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 100 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally. We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity, and expertise.
The Global Partnerships & Development (GPD) Department leverages ICC’s core areas of expertise and our footprint in 100+ countries to increase our institutional impact and deliver commercial value through a wide range of membership activities, specialized services, events, training, and capacity building programmes.
National Committees are ICC country offices in 91 countries.
We are currently recruiting a Head of National Committees Engagement to drive a programme that has been designed to revitalise the way that ICC Headquarters engages with its country offices around the world.
ICC National Committees are the voice of ICC members in their respective countries. Their role is to ensure the local promotion of the global views and policies advocated by ICC, as well as the practical rules, tools and services developed by ICC. They are responsible for membership recruitment and management in their countries and engage in a wide range of activities to support the ICC mission with public and private sector stakeholders.
ICC has a dedicated programme for in-depth engagement with selected National Committees based on commonly defined action plans. As the programme lead, you will oversee ensuring a successful global rollout of the programme, amplifying ICC’s impact. This will require leading a cross-departmental team, enhancing operating models and strategic planning, and fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout ICC’s global network.
The Head of National Committees Engagement will report to the Director of GPD.
The role requires strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, as well as significant experience in strategy development, operations, and programme management. The responsibilities include:
- Strategically plan and continuously improve the operating model, ensuring that the team, processes, and technologies are optimised and scalable.
- Manage the governance of the programme, continuously seeking feedback from key stakeholders – from both ICC Headquarters and the network – to ensure their needs are being met.
- Continuously improve the model through agile project management methodologies, implementing changes and reforms as needed to ensure scalability and sustainability.
- Monitor and report on the progress and performance of activities to high level stakeholders and ensure that activities are delivered in line with the programme plan and any necessary adjustments are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective and efficient end-to-end processes within the team and between HQ and the network.
- Lead, coach and drive high performance amongst the cross-departmental team.
- Coordinate the team’s general workload and workflow to ensure external / internal customer satisfaction and optimum team effectiveness.
- Facilitate synergies across activities, departments, and workflows.
- Define key KPIs for collaborative projects with the network to measure impact for ICC’s strategic projects and benefits for the global network.
- In coordination with senior leadership, develop strategic methodologies of collaboration between HQ and the network for promoting and executing ICC work in local markets.
- Establish strong relationships between HQ and the global network through consistent communication and strategic stakeholder engagement.
- Propose creative ways to optimize this programme to increase ICC’s global impact and ensure ongoing strong and strategic collaboration between HQ and the network.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position, at an Associate Director level.
- Growth mindset, with ability to translate big picture thinking into actionable strategies and operational models, define KPIs, and measure/improve performance.
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information, highlight takeaways and identify courses of action.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills with proven ability to lead teams (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving, and decision making) necessary for effective management.
- Capacity to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment, building strong and durable relationships through interacting with multiple interlocutors. Previous experience in the context of a network-based organization is a strong advantage
- Capacity to work according to agile project methods, introducing new ideas and processes based on network needs and ICC’s strategic goals.
- Cultural sensitivity and previous experience working with international teams.
- Project Management certification (CAPM, PMP, P2 foundation, P2 practitioner) is a plus.
- Perfect fluency in verbal and written English. Very good command of French. Solution-oriented mindset.
What we offer
- Learn and grow in the context of a mission-driven institution with offices in 90 countries and a network of 45+ million businesses.
- Operate in an international environment with highly engaged multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Work with businesses from a variety of countries and industry sectors.
- Multiple opportunities to innovate and achieve meaningful impact.
- Our values: generous, liberated, connected and pioneering.
Location: The position is based in Paris, France.
Compensation: Competitive, contingent on skills and experience.
Contract type and duration: CDI
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
- Cover note (one page maximum) highlighting key skills and experience in line with the candidate profile.
- Professional CV (two pages maximum)
Any interested persons should send their applications by email to: GPD_applications@iccwbo.org
Closing date for applications
September 30, 2023
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.