Head of EU Affairs
Applications are invited for the position of Head of EU Affairs in Brussel
As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 100 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity and expertise.
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced public affairs professional to lead our engagement with the EU institutions in Brussels across a broad portfolio of issues.
- Build and progressively develop a strong network of ICC contacts in the European Parliament, Commission and member state delegations.
- Gather and disseminate intelligence on key policy/political developments within ICC’s institutional remit.
Drive engagement on key legislative dossiers, working with substantive policy leads to inform the development of EU policymaking.
- Position ICC as a trusted partner of the EU institutions, building awareness and understanding of its unique institutional role.
- Support and facilitate the engagement of ICC’s leadership, in particular its Secretary General, with key parliamentarians and Commissioners.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience, ideally within one or more of the EU institutions and/or in a Brussels-based public affairs function.
- A practical understanding of trade, sustainability, and digital policy issues.
- A proven ability to build strong stakeholder networks — acting as a trusted partner to policymakers and officials.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to identify opportunities for institutional engagement and visibility.
- A strong commitment to ICC’s values and our mission to enable trade as a driver of peace, prosperity and opportunity for all.
- Fluent English essential; additional languages a major plus.
Terms and conditions
The position will be based in Brussels and will be filled on a consultancy basis.
Estimated start date: as soon as possible
How to apply: Any interested persons should send their applications by email at and specify email@example.com in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until an appropriate candidate has been identified.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone