The post will involve tracking and engaging on a broad range of UN work-streams – on issues such as supply-chain responsibility, the internet and technology, taxation, and trade and financing.
This is an exciting position with the opportunity to help shape a new program for global business engagement with the UN.
- monitor, track and analyze policy developments in UN policy processes – including through attending key UN forums and committee meetings. Provide targeted updates and briefings for ICC staff and member companies.
- develop and maintain strong working relationships with New York-based UN departments, agencies and government representatives.
- support engagement on key policy issues — working with teams in the ICC Policy and Global Affairs Department — to shape substantive intergovernmental outcomes.
- coordinate the development of submissions and written representations to UN policy makers.
- establish opportunities to provide visibility for ICC and member companies within major intergovernmental forums.
- support the development of ICC events at the UN – both substantively and logistically.
- act as a focal point for corporate engagement on issues within the remit of the position.
- 3+ years relevant experience in government, public affairs or policy making.
- a sound understanding of the functioning of the UN system and intergovernmental affairs.
- first-rate written communications skills – and, in particular, an ability to distill technical information into accessible briefings and papers.
- established experience working on substantive policy issues within the remit of New York-based international organizations — inter alia, sustainable development, trade and development, digital economy, and financing.
- established networks within the UN system would be advantageous.
- demonstrated government engagement skills and an overarching commitment to providing high-levels of client service.
- native level fluency in English. Additional languages would be a plus.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter together with a writing sample no longer than one-page in response to the following question: “What should be the role of the private sector in implementing the Sustainable Development Goals?”
Applications should be sent to Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner, via LinkedIn.