As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 170 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organization to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity, and expertise.
The Legal Department of ICC is currently recruiting a Global Data Protection Officer to drive all data management matters and collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders including cybersecurity experts.
- Design and continuously update the global data management strategy of the organisation, covering all types of data and all entities related to ICC International Headquarters in Paris, its regional offices and affiliates.
- Drive the implementation of the global data management strategy in all ICC entities.
- Propose innovations and actions to ensure the continuing adequation of resources with ICC’s needs and objectives and to maintain and increase the relevance of ICC data management.
- Coordinate the action of staff in charge of data management in ICC affiliates and offices, and in particular with the resources dedicated to data protection and compliance.
- Monitor data management risks in cooperation with all ICC departments, offices and affiliates.
- Ensure that ICC data (both physical and digital) is at all times organised, available, retrievable, and protected.
- Ensure that data management tools are secured, technically up-to-date and legally compliant.
- Identify service providers in the field of data management and interact with those retained by ICC.
- Update ICC contracts, policies and all necessary documents with relevant business and personal data protection provisions.
- Master’s degree in digital law, or a master’s degree specialising in personal data and/or new technology law.
- Previous experience as DPO of an international company or institution in France.
- Proven experience in personal data protection and compliance risk management of personal data.
- Strong knowledge of GDPR, privacy law and compliance management, additional knowledge of IT and digital law preferred.
- Good experience in contractual drafting and negotiations.
- Strong analytical, organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (including public speaking).
- Dynamic, pragmatic, enterprising and passionate about security and technology.
- Capacity to understand business needs and find appropriate solutions.
- Results driven with strong business acumen.
- Capacity to influence and to drive transversal projects.
- Experience in driving change and transformative projects.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced working environment with multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in collaboration with transversal, international teams operating in different locations.
- Fluent in French and English. Additional languages highly desired.
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: January 2024
Contract type: CDI
Geographic location: Paris
How to apply: Interested candidates should send the following to ICC at: email@example.com
- Cover note (one page maximum) highlighting key skills and experience in line with the candidate’s profile and key competencies
- Professional CV (two pages maximum)
Candidates should specify “ [CDI_DPO October23]” in the subject line of their email application.
Candidates should have their administrative work done and should have the authorisation to work in France.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. And when we say “everyone”, we mean it. We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.