Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation Communications Manager
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is looking for an experienced communications professional to join its team working specifically as part of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is looking for an experienced communications professional to join its team working specifically as part of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting international development initiative working to make trade across borders simpler, faster and more cost-effective, creating new business opportunities, enabling greater economic and social development, and reducing poverty.
About ICC and the Alliance
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization representing more than 45 million members in more than 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
ICC is one of the lead organisations of the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, a public-private partnership for trade-led growth. Alongside the World Economic Forum, the Center for International Private Enterprise and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), we are redefining the way trade facilitation reforms are implemented. The Alliance brings together governments and businesses as equal partners to identify trade facilitation issues such as customs delays and unnecessary red-tape at borders, and design and implement targeted reforms that deliver commercially quantifiable results.
The Alliance’s work is designed to help governments in developing and least developed countries implement the World Trade Organization’s landmark Trade Facilitation Agreement. The Alliance is currently implementing 10 projects across Africa, Asia and Latin America and developing several more. It is supported by the governments of the United States, Canada, Germany, Denmark, the United Kingdom and Australia, and works with private sector partners from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to the world’s largest multinationals such as BASF, DHL, FCA Group, Maersk, UPS and Walmart.
Each host organisation has a distinct set of responsibilities within the Alliance. ICC is responsible for business engagement, developing projects with global business partners, and strategic communications.
The Communications Manager role
You will work to bring the Alliance’s projects to life, helping us to demonstrate our impact and engage our partners in our work.
You will be based out of ICC headquarters in Paris but be part of the Alliance’s international team spread throughout the world. You will:
- be responsible for all external communications on behalf of the Alliance, working to deliver the Alliance’s communications strategy: helping to drive continued donor support and enhanced private sector engagement
- build relationships with key external stakeholders such as donors, Alliance business partners, international organisations, and internal stakeholders such as the communications teams within the host organisations and Alliance project managers working in project countries
- proactively identify opportunities to share the impact of the Alliance’s work
- develop communications campaigns and plans to support in-country projects as well as global level Alliance activities
- oversee the development of content for the Alliance’s website, social media channels and newsletter
- engage with international and in-country media
- guide and manage the day to day workload of the Communications Officer
- write speeches, presentations and reports
- manage external agencies supporting the Alliance with, for example, design and video capabilities
- work to manage the Alliance’s reputation and mitigate any reputational risks
- oversee measurement of communications impact for reporting and evaluation
The ideal candidate will have:
- university degree in communications, journalism, political science, international trade, or a closely related field
- minimum 5 years’ communications experience
- outstanding writing skills in English – the ability to engage with a variety of audiences (governments, multinational companies, small businesses in developing countries etc.) by distilling technical details into compelling narratives
- ability to understand complex stakeholder relationships both in developing and least developed countries and within the multilateral sphere
- knowledge of trade, logistics, customs processes
- experience managing websites and social media platforms
- excellent interpersonal and network-building skills, preferably in an international context
- outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude
- excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with diverse audiences
- fluent English; proficiency in other languages would be an asset (ideally French and Spanish).
Terms and conditions
Applicants should mention whether they are legally entitled to work in France.
Location: The position is located in Paris, France.
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the selection committee at RecrutementICC_Alliance@iccwbo.org.
Closing date for applications: 5 January 2020