As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 170 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity, and expertise.
ICC is currently looking for an Executive Assistant who will report to the Director for Arbitration and ADR – South Asia. The role involves personal assistance to the Director, client services, ad hoc marketing support and general administrative support.
Personal assistance to the Director for Arbitration and ADR – South Asia
- Maintain the calendar of Director, making appointments and arranging meetings and conferences. Ensure that background material is available for meetings as required.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations including PPTs, preparing spreadsheets, filing of reimbursements, electronic communications and data maintenance, such as electronic calendars and other documents.
- Maintain and manage travel and accommodation arrangements as required.
- Work with Director and Office Manager to identify administrative and operating requirements of the office.
- Liaise with clients and assist Director regarding conferences/consultations webinars and seminars as and when needed.
- Liaise closely with the Director about queries that arise from time to time
- Assist and work closely with the marketing and IT teams including, among others, updating and managing the database.
- Receive visitors in a friendly and professional manner, and ensure visitors are not kept waiting or are made aware of delays and kept comfortable.
- Organise meeting bookings and diary, keeping bookings up to date.
- Ensure reception and office areas are always tidy and presentable.
- Answer and appropriately redirect telephone calls, ensuring calls are answered quickly in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answer and appropriately deal with client and internal emails.
- Take accurate messages and pass them on in a timely manner.
- Assist in the organisation of internal and external events, attending where necessary.
- Be available on occasions to work outside normal working hours to carry out work of an urgent nature.
- Be prepared to undertake other duties commensurate with the area of responsibility and to be prepared to operate in a flexible and innovative manner as required within a changing environment.
Ad hoc marketing support
- Assist with guests’ invitation and tracking of attendance, and preparation of name badges for the event.
- Assist with ordering of snacks, beverages, and essential needed for the event, including services needed.
- Ensure smooth running of event on actual day and after the event.
- Track expenses.
- Work with marketing team for any bigger-scale events happening in Singapore.
General administrative support
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for Director / Deputy Director.
- Provide meeting organisations, calendar entries, travel arrangements to other members of ICC, if required
- Collect and manage incoming and outgoing post and deliveries.
- Provide assistance to ICC staff when visiting Singapore.
- Contribute to and help build a strong team with good relationships and high levels of communication.
- Play an active role in team and staff meetings.
- Proven experience (minimum 3 years) as assistant in an international environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent desktop legal documentation publishing skills.
- Excellent communicator in English (listening, writing and speaking).
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
- Organised with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional, friendly and with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience of working in a legal services environment – preferred.
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: As soon as possible. Candidates should indicate if they possess the necessary papers to work in Singapore.
Compensation: Competitive, contingent on skills and experience
Department: Dispute Resolution Services – ICC Asia (Singapore)
How to apply: Any interested persons should send their applications by email at email@example.com and specify “Vacancy [Executive Assistant ICC Asia]” in the subject line of their email application.
- Cover note (one page maximum) highlighting key skills and experience in line with the candidate’s profile and key competencies
- Professional CV (two pages maximum)
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.