As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 170 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity, and expertise.
The ICC Transformation Office is seeking an experienced director-level consultant to lead the mission of enhancing their product portfolio and drive innovation and improvements.
The consultant can be based anywhere in Europe, with the flexibility to work from home and make frequent trips to Paris.
- Portfolio Analysis and Product Improvements: Identify all products, shortlist priority products, and assess these products for the effectiveness of existing product design and strategy. Support product leads in improving strategy and go-to-users and market planning, guiding them towards more effective product delivery and KPI management.
- Impact Enhancement and Commercial Capability Building: Provide data, methodology, and a framework to build a product development strategy. Assess the current state of the organisation’s business capabilities (skills, resources, processes, etc.), identify gaps and areas for improvement, and develop and implement plans to close these gaps and enhance the company’s readiness and effectiveness to serve the business community.
- Product Innovation: Support director of transformation in setting up and operating the Product Innovation Lab. Support product leads in the ideation and development of new products. Validate market fit through research and analysis, and oversee the product design and development lifecycle.
- Process Optimisation: Design and implement best-in-class processes for business development, account management, and product management across the organisation to streamline operations and enhance efficiency.
- Go-to-Users Strategy: Contribute to compelling go-to-users strategies for new and existing products. Provide strategic planning support.
- Business Development and Account Management: Advise on the business development infrastructure to support improved impact goals.
- Strategic Partnerships: Identify and take an active role in negotiating partnerships that can enhance the product offerings and support the company’s impact goals.
- Reporting and Analysis: Provide comprehensive reporting on product and impact performance.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, marketing, or related field.
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience in product management, business development, or marketing, preferably in a consulting or service-oriented industry
- Previous practical experience in one of the following areas is a distinct advantage: trade facilitation services, trade finance, sustainability, dispute resolution.
- Proven track record of delivering significant impact growth and product innovation by collaborating with various stakeholders from both the public and the private sector across different geographies.
- Skills: Excellent analytical, strategic, and creative thinking skills. Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, as well as cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to interact with and motivate teams with whom the consultant will need to collaborate, inspire higher performance and provide on-the-job capacity building.
- Personality: Self-motivated, results-oriented, and user-focused with an international mindset. Strong impact delivery and KPI culture. Adaptable, flexible, and resilient
- Passionate about innovation and learning.
- Other: Willingness to travel as required, particularly to Paris.
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Department: Transformation Office
Location: Anywhere in Europe, with the flexibility to work from home and make frequent trips to Paris.
Contract type and duration: 12 months mission contract
How to apply: Interested candidates should send the following to Camille Ahern, Adviser, at email@example.com and specify “Consultancy Director – Product Portfolio Management and Development” in the subject line of their email application.
- Cover note (one page maximum) highlighting key skills and experience in line with the candidate’s profile and key competencies
- Professional CV (two pages maximum)
Closing date for applications: 28 December 2023
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone.