The Director will report directly to the President of SICANA, Inc. and will manage the Educational Services Team, composed of a Project Manager and a Project Officer.
As a leading international arbitral institution, the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (“International Court of Arbitration”) attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. The New York office includes an educational services team and a case management team. The educational services team is responsible for the promotion of ICC arbitration and alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services throughout North America. The case management team is a specialized team responsible for the administration of cases related to North America.
Reporting to the President of SICANA Inc., Secretary General of the ICC Court cum Director of ICC Dispute Resolution Services, you will
- Develop and implement a business plan for the development of ICC Dispute Resolution Services in North America.
- Work together with ICC National Committees to develop awareness, knowledge and the use of ICC arbitration and other ICC Dispute Resolution Services in North America.
- Organize and participate in conferences, seminars and workshops with a focus on ICC arbitration, mediation, dispute boards and expert appraisal in key countries in North America.
- Speak or otherwise participate at key conferences, seminars and workshops organized by other bodies.
- Prepare articles, web stories and other materials to promote ICC Dispute Resolution Services in North America.
- Deliver presentations to key players in the legal and business community (including government representatives, in-house counsel and lawyers) within North America regarding ICC Dispute Resolution Services.
- Respond to all queries on ICC arbitration, mediation, dispute boards and expert appraisal in liaison with the Secretariat of the ICC Court and the ICC Centre for ADR.
- Collect information on developments in the law and news relating to arbitration, mediation, dispute boards, expert appraisal in North America, and report to ICC Court management on a regular basis, with advice on action to be taken, where appropriate.
- Cover the duties of Director, Arbitration and ADR, North America as and when necessary.
- Degree in law with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience; preferably with knowledge of dispute resolution, particularly international arbitration, either as an in-house lawyer or in private practice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. native English speaker withfluency in other languages is highly desirable.
- Posess a team-oriented approach but able to work autonomously.
- Well organized and proactive.
- Able to create and manage budgets
- Able to travel frequently
- Proficient in MS Office programmes.
Interested applicants may apply via email, with a comprehensive resume and Cover Letter, detailing qualifications, experience, expected salary, contact number as well as availability to the attention of Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner, at email@example.com
Please indicate “SICANA_Director Arbitration and ADR” in the subject line of your application.
Deadline for the applications: 18 January 2019
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.