As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 170 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity and expertise.
The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation is currently recruiting a Digital / Communications Officer who will work to grow the Alliance’s online presence, help to showcase its impact and engage its target audience. The role is based at the ICC International Secretariat in Paris.
- Support the Global Alliance communications team in delivering the Alliance’s communications strategy
- Create engaging visual content using Adobe, Canva, etc. that establishes a clear narrative for the Alliance
- Assist with international and in-country media engagement
- Support the Communications Manager on project communications activities
- Proactively identify new opportunities to reach our audiences through innovative campaigns
- Provide general coordination support to the Alliance team within ICC
- Manage the Alliance website, ensuring regular updates, maintenance, and optimisation
- Collaborate with staff within and outside of the communications team to create web content
- Implement SEO practices in web content creation and monitor web analytics
- Develop a social media strategy to grow the Alliance’s presence on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Develop creative social media campaigns to support events, publications, project results, etc.
- Set KPIs for Alliance social media accounts and track performance
- Collaborate with staff within and outside of the communications team to design the Alliance quarterly newsletter and track performance
- Handle event management tools such as Zoom platforms, Slido, etc. to support Alliance staff during key events
- Use tracking tools such as Hootsuite and Matomo to measure digital communications performance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on communications performance using data-driven insights under the supervision of the Communications Manager
- University degree in communications, marketing, digital media
- 2-3 years’ experience of working in communications, preferably digital communications
- Demonstrable experience with managing content, websites, social media platforms, and performance tracking systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, preferably in an international context
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure
- Excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Fluency in an additional language is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in international trade is a plus
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: January 2024
Department: Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation
Contract type: CDI
Geographic location: Paris
How to apply: Interested candidates should send the following to email@example.com and specify “Digital Communications Officer Global Alliance” in the subject line of their email application:
- Cover note (one page maximum) highlighting key skills and experience in line with the candidate’s profile and key competencies
- Professional CV (two pages maximum)
Candidates should have their administrative work done and should have the authorisation to work in France.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. And when we say “everyone”, we mean it. We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.