Deputy Director, Global Membership and Services Department
The role of the Global Membership & Services Department is to ensure that our members and customers get the most of their ICC experience.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is recruiting a Deputy Director for Global Membership and Services Department.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization representing more than 45 million companies in over 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce. We make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
The role of the Global Membership & Services Department is to ensure that our members and customers get the most of their ICC experience. We coordinate the engagement of our global network of ICC National Committees and World Chambers into ICC activities and work to continuously introduce new products and services that support ICC’s mission and enable businesses to strengthen their international activities.
- Develop and implement new ICC platform drawing on the affiliation of CEO-level leaders and contributing to further elevate ICC’s global profile through high-level support for the global advocacy campaigns, strategic events, and fundraising drive.
- Establish and develop relationships with corporate members (including multinational companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs) and institutional partners (including development banks and agencies) to ensure their active participation in ICC’s Knowledge Hubs as well as in regional events and key global initiatives to advance ICC’s mission.
- Support the commercial development and global deployment of digitally-enabled and data-based services (e.g. ITTI, blockchain initiatives and partnerships, digitalization of trade facilitation services) to enhance ICC’s global offering to facilitate international business and promote sustainable practices.
- Reports to Global Membership & Services Director and works under direction of UNIFY management team
- Works closely with all ICC departments, overseas offices, and global partners
- Works in close coordination with ICC’s global network of National Committees and World Chambers
Specific duties and tasks:
- Programme/service conceptualization, business modelling and P&L management
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Development of communications strategy and materials to promote ICC visibility towards C-suite executives and to secure high-level corporate engagement
- Outreach and CEO/member recruiting campaigns
- Support for fundraising and sponsorship related activities
- Implementation of programme/service
- At least 5 years of senior professional experience with a solid understanding of international policy issues as well as strong entrepreneurial/ project management skills;
- Capacity to translate complex notions into a simple and sharp narrative;
- Ability to interact at the highest level of business and public institutions, and to coordinate the work of partners and colleagues who are international, multicultural and multilingual;
- Strong communications and persuasion skills;
- Perfect written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be a plus;
- Strong interest in international trade, business and digitalization with a passion for affecting positive change and a curiosity to learn;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities under pressure with a ‘can-do’ problem-solving attitude;
- Higher-level education in relevant disciplines, such as business, international relations, and public relations
- Collegial, generous, connected, and pioneering spirit
Terms and conditions
Location: The position is located in Paris, France. International travel required.
Compensation: The remuneration package will be set at a level to be attractive to the most qualified candidate.
Start date: August/September 2019
How to apply
Applications, consisting of a full CV, a cover letter and two writing samples on topics relevant to the position should be submitted electronically to the selection committee at: Recrutement_ServiceRH@iccwbo.org