Vacancy with the Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration: Deputy Counsel (Singapore)
The Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration is currently recruiting a Deputy Counsel for one of its case management teams dealing principally with cases connected to Asia and the Gulf region. The post will be based at the ICC office in Singapore.
As a leading international arbitral institution, the ICC Court attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. The cases are administered by specialised teams with knowledge and experience of the major legal and cultural traditions. Each team is headed by a Counsel and includes two or three Deputy Counsels.
The role involves both legal and administrative tasks including:
- Reviewing and processing requests for arbitration and other documents filed by parties, arbitrators and others during arbitration proceedings;
- Preparing agendas (memoranda) briefing the International Court of Arbitration on decisions it is required to take;
- When Counsel is absent, replacing Counsel at sessions of the International Court of Arbitration;
- Correspondence and telephone conversations with parties and arbitral tribunals concerning all aspects of case management;
- Answering general queries about the ICC arbitral process by telephone and in writing; and
- Monitoring the financial aspects of the arbitrations handled by the team.
Successful applicants may also prepare notes or articles for publication, and represent the Court and the Secretariat during seminars and conferences.
Applicants should be qualified lawyers with professional experience in a legal environment. A formal legal qualification (i.e. Bar exam or equivalent) is not, however, essential if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient legal training and experience in international arbitration, international and/or commercial law.
Candidates must be well organised, have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work effectively in a multicultural team.
Oral and written English at native level is essential. Fluency in one or more Asian languages may be considered as an advantage.
Any interested persons should send their applications by email to Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at email@example.com and specify “Court vacancy Deputy Counsel Singapore” in the subject line of their email application.
Candidates are further invited to take note of the following:
- Closing date for applications: 14 June 2020
- Availability: from August 2020
– Remote working arrangements are currently in place at SICAS in light of the Coronavirus pandemic