Assistant to the Director of Arbitration & ADR, Abu Dhabi
The Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration invites applications from dynamic and motivated candidates for an Assistant position to support the Director for Arbitration and ADR in the business development activities for the Middle East region.
About our organization
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) makes business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Our vision is to enable business worldwide to secure peace, prosperity and opportunity for all. With a presence in more than 100 countries, ICC speaks for 45 million companies – employing over 1 billion workers globally and is the only private sector organization with Permanent Observer status to the United Nations. Our members include many of the world’s largest companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
ICC offers a wide array of dispute resolution services specifically intended for international commerce and cross-border transactions. Our flagship service is ICC arbitration, which carries the hallmark of the ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC Court): a world leader in resolving international commercial disputes. Since its creation in 1923, the Court has administered more than 26,000 cases from across the world. The ICC International Centre for ADR (ADR Centre) provides complementary services, including mediation and other forms of amicable dispute settlement, expert appraisal (including a service specifically for trade finance disputes) and dispute boards.
ICC Dispute Resolution Services invites applications from dynamic and motivated candidates for an Assistant position to support the Director for Arbitration & ADR, Middle East.
The post is based in Abu Dhabi Global Markets, UAE.
- Organize the calendar (appointments, meetings, etc.)
- Travel planning (including visas, expenses reimbursement, etc.)
- Deal with the correspondence (drafting and formatting messages in English and Arabic, screening of documents to be submitted for signature, etc.)
- Deal with telephone calls (filtering, taking messages, answering to current queries, etc.)
- Organize meetings and internal/external conferences (coordinating with the organizers and participants)
- Follow up and update the ongoing projects’ files (gathering information and preparing documents)
- Liaise with the ICC other departments as well as other ICC entities (National Committees, Executive Committee, etc.)
- Prepare reports for travel expenses and fees notes
Experience and Level of Responsibility
- 3-6 years in an administrative, legal assistant or events/communication
- Demonstrates ownership by taking initiative and following through on tasks and projects
- Uses best judgment and common sense to work efficiently and problem solve
- Adept at managing competing priorities and keeping others informed of progress
Education and Skills
- University-level education with aptitude to learn and grow
- Fluent English with solid writing skills; fluency in Arabic is a plus
- Full proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially Word and PowerPoint)
- Design layouting and editing skills would be a plus
- Service- and results-oriented team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Meticulous and consistent attention to detail
- Highly organized and priority driven
- Ability to manage a fast-paced working environment, with diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Intellectually curious and committed to continuous learning
Terms and conditions
Estimated start date: October 2021
Department: Dispute Resolution Services, Abu Dhabi Global Market, UAE
Contract type and duration: Permanent
How to apply: If you would like to be considered, please send your curriculum vitae and
a cover letter by email to the attention of Claudia Pansa, HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should specify “Court vacancy [Assistant_Abu Dhabi October 2021]” in the subject line of their email application.
Closing date for applications: 24 September 2021
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, everyday, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone.