Assistant – Policy and Business Practices
ICC is looking for an assistant to provide administrative and organizational support to the projects and meetings of the Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption and the Commission on Trade and Investment Policy.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization with a network of over 6 million members in more than 100 countries. We work to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation through a unique mix of advocacy and standard setting activities—together with market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s largest companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
The Department of Policy and Business Practices is responsible for ICC’s policy work. This includes policy advocacy to provide global business input on key issues that affect companies’ ability to trade and invest across borders. It also includes the development by ICC of voluntary guidelines, codes and rules prepared by ICC business experts and for use by companies worldwide in order to facilitate international commercial transactions and “oil the wheels of trade”.
Provide administrative and organizational support to the projects and meetings of the Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-corruption and the Commission on Trade and Investment Policy. ICC Commissions are large standing committees of business experts from all parts of the world that develop ICC policy across twelve subject areas.
This position is for a fixed-term contract (Contrat à Durée Déterminée) from 1 April to 1 August 2017.
Duties and tasks
- Proof-reading and revising texts, formatting and submitting documents for dissemination, preparing letters, memoranda and documents primarily in English, occasionally in
- Compiling meeting and working documents, registering participants, and distributing materials for regular meetings both in Paris and
- Organizing large scale meetings with international participation, including negotiations and liaison for the meeting venue, hotel, official lunches and receptions, reservation of conference rooms and necessary
- Supporting and following up projects including through managing relations with members, organizing teleconferences and other administrative
- Updating relevant sections on ICC intranets as well as pages of the ICC
- Organizing business travel arrangements; preparing and processing expense
- Managing the flow of information within the organization, as well as with national committees and members
- Coordinating with other ICC departments on policy-related events, product releases, and related
- Following pending issues and tracking
- Handling regular communication with senior business executives, greeting
- Responding to queries from the
- Coordinating ICC representation including at meetings of international and intergovernmental
- Undertaking background research on selected project-specific
- Organizing and consolidating comments on working documents, and integrating them into updated drafts, in support of projects and task
- Carrying out other duties as required, which may include invoicing, budgeting, following up on fund- raising and membership
Autonomy and level of responsibility
- Capacity to take responsibility to follow through on projects, working under the supervision of the Senior Policy
- Judgment to seek guidance and direction as appropriate and
- Liaison with external organizations, especially intergovernmental, as well as ICC members and national committees
- Liaison with internal ICC departments including Communications, Finance and Administration, Facilities Management Services, Information
- Liaison with external service
- Higher-level university education
- Native-like English skills and a good working level of French – the working language is
- PC computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, database knowledge also useful)
- Ability to manage a fast-paced working environment, with diverse tasks and
- Capable of taking initiative and using common
- Able to work collegially as part of a small
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter by e-mail to Viviane Schiavi at email@example.com and Nicolle Graugnard at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the Human Resources Department: Recrutement_Service@iccwbo.org
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017